• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Black Powder Hunters

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
How many of you are hunting Primitive Weapons week? It looks awesome. I have Never even considered BP guns till lately. Just looks like fun and a neat way to earn that deer.

So what are you hunting with? Inline? Musket? CVA? Pedersoli? Civil War guns?

Post some pics!

Heading down to the property in a few hours. This is my second season hunting with a muzzle loader and first using my own gun. The past years during PW season were spent sitting with my kids since they get to use centerfire weapons. Picked this up from a buddy dirt cheap. It was a rattle can mess when I got it. Stripped it down, cleaned it up and gave the stock a fresh coat of krylon.
IMG_20150814_134243.jpg

Savage 10ML II, W/ Nikon 4-12
I run 44. gr. of 5744 under a 45 cal. bullet, and I know its good @225 yds.
And no smoke.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Last edited:
I switched over to a muzzleloader awhile back and due about 95% of my hunting with one. I've learned to be more patient and make each shot count. I use a TC Encore Prohunter, 100gr. 777 with shockwave 250's. The anticipation of the smoke smoke clearing is awesome! Some pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I will be out there in the morning. What got me into muzzle loading is the fact that my son can use a center fire rifle until he is 16. It gets him out a week early and gives him a better chance at shooting a deer.

Back
Top Bottom