• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black powder only revolver

That's a reproduction of a Remington, New Army model 1858. To my knowledge they were not originally made in brass, that's an Italian thing. Some of the older repro's are gaining in collectability, but like what was said above, you won't be buying a house or car with it. Should be a fun shooter.

If you disassemble the pistol, you might find makers markings under the grips or elsewhere on the frame. Did you look under the loading lever?

Thanks for the info. I read on NRA website if it says black powder only or made in Italy either or it could be real. Who knows probably. No telling how long its really been in the family. I would like to know who was slobbering over it and why. Either way it's my father in laws so I would never tell him if it were a replica or not! Like you said he loves and it's fun to look at!

I would crush his dreams. He should know it's a replica. My LGS has that same model for sale for $120.00 If i were you I would take him out and shoot it.

That's a reproduction of a Remington, New Army model 1858. To my knowledge they were not originally made in brass, that's an Italian thing. Some of the older repro's are gaining in collectability, but like what was said above, you won't be buying a house or car with it. Should be a fun shooter.

If you disassemble the pistol, you might find makers markings under the grips or elsewhere on the frame. Did you look under the loading lever?
Nothing under there either. That's where they added serial numbers

Reminds me of my GF's sister telling a story about a tea cup that was smuggled out of Imperial Russia by her best friend's grandmother or some such rubbish. I pointed out to her that the mark on the bottom "Made in Occupied Japan" precluded that story from being true.

Reminds me of my GF's sister telling a story about a tea cup that was smuggled out of Imperial Russia by her best friend's grandmother or some such rubbish. I pointed out to her that the mark on the bottom "Made in Occupied Japan" precluded that story from being true.

But did it keep them from believing the made up story?

I have one very similar to that. I bought it from the Cabelo family. :D

P1010320.JPG

Back
Top Bottom