• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Black Talons Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never actually seen the fabled "Black Talon". Some say it lives deep in the mountains of the Ocogolongo swamp.

Golden Sabers are not bonded and are also 1990s technology. Not surprising there.

I made a list of all the ones I tested. I could show it to you but I think it would be a waste of time. You have your mind made up and i doubt you have even tested any of them. Newest is not always best. Sure there are better choices these days. That does not make them crap like you say though.

I have about 250 rounds of BT. I never bought any and think the prices I have seen are obscene. The only reason I have any is because they were issued to me back around the early 90's. I would never buy any BT at any price, there are better choices.

I have a couple boxes for the sheer hell of owning them. They are neat but I have a variety of different loads I have loaded depending on the gun and what it prefers. Generally have Ranger T, Gold Dot, and Golden Saber riding in my guns all in 147gr flavors. All of them I can buy for anywhere from .40-55 cents a round opposed to $2-3 dollars a round for Black Talons, simple economics there and since I burn through 100+ rounds a year of defensive loads $50-60 is much easier on the wallet then $200-300 and makes stockpiling loads much easier as well and since I have 700 rounds of defensive ammo just for my 9mms that is important.

As far as sound level through a suppressor I find that to be hard to believe that it would be that much different without seeing noise read outs, if the sound level is truly that different its telling me that the Black Talons are likely loaded to a lower velocity more then anything to do with the design. Spit balling though without looking at data. Though in some ways it wouldn't surprise me looking at most current generation defensive ammo they are often loaded a bit on the hot side which is why I've pulled away from +P loads from some companies in their defensive lines.

As far as actually shooting anyone with any of the major proven defensive loads, still comes down to shot placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom