• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2019

is their anybody selling used knives are all these 300 dollar cadillac knives? Any deals? Or is this the gun show version of knives? Lot of bark little bite.....

Just like any big show, you are going to see some junk and other stuff not knife related. Us paying vendors have no control over what the show promoters allow. But....it is the biggest knife show in the world right now and there are a lot of high grade knifemakers displaying and selling their knives. More than you can possibly look at in one day. There will also be a lot of knifemaking supplies, equipment, and demonstrations. It's easy enough to walk right past the junk and get to the real stuff. There will be knifemakers from all over the world with work displayed that you won't believe is even possible. The range in prices and quality is very large. However, if you think you ought to be able to buy a good custom knife for the price of something at Wally World.....not your show!

Take some lessons, learn what it really takes to produce a quality piece of cutlery - not the FIF "reality?" crap. Then decide. Just remember, you spend way more on a gun that's just a clumsy club or rock when you run out of bullets....but a quality knife will still be there and cutting when the smoke clears.

All that being said stop by and say Hi, my table is 5-J (and I paid my dues)
CarlR-Dirk Loot.jpg

Missed the past few due to being out of town. I'll likely go on Friday as the Modern Atlanta Home Tour is Saturday & Sunday. Gotta see how the rich people live.

As someone who is going for my 3rd year to Blade Show, I can tell you with certainty that knives are certainly permitted and carried by almost everyone. I had my Spyderco Para 3 on me last year and when I showed it to Eric Glesser at the Spyderco booth, he showed me a prototype lightweight version he was testing out that was just released a few weeks ago. Don't fall for the hype.

That being said - if anyone is attending and interested in some free swag, I'm having a pretty simple contest on my YouTube page. I'm giving away a Swiza D03 multitool, an Olight I3t EOS in raw Copper, and a Kizer Kesmec in Orange G10 with VG10 steel - Info here: https://youtu.be/GLJbrlXWRF4

Back
Top Bottom