• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2019

Did not see it right off. Got a thread link?

upload_2019-6-7_17-50-51.png

Well how many people went today how was it?
I went. It sucked pretty bad. It was like a gun show but with knives. There were thousands of overpriced, junky, pawn-shop-grade knives in tabletop display cases. The only half decent part was the vendor area. I met the Glessers and stopped by Giant Mouse knives. Blade HQ was nice too, but other than the aforementioned, pretty sucky.

First Blade show:

Kinda like a gun show (I agree with MRS_ESterhouse). 25 dollars is kinda steep. 25 for ticket + 10 Parking.

Good selection, not as many cheaper knives as I hoped for . Lot of fixed blades (I liked them), but if your a small shop and asking 2x,3x over LT wright or Battlehorse, that is tough position for the consumer to pick you over them IMHO. Went to one table lady said you can pick them up. Tag said 16,500 for a fixed blade not too large. I thought I miss read it, had a friend go to the table and look he said that is the number he saw. Never heard of a that price.

Seen several folders I liked the feel, but 400-950 dollars.

I guess it's like anything else you can buy the Kia or the Benz, they both will take you to walmart. One has more features than the others. So value is in the eye of the beholder.

"Famous People"

I saw James Yeager, Sal (sypderco), Mr Geissele , Dave Canterbury.....

It's interesting. I was hoping to see some tables of used knives or discount knives, but really didn't see that.

I will say it was a knife show and we had a lot of knifes. Last several guns shows around here they had more used books and junk than guns. So at least you saw the subject matter you paid to see.

I thought about going and never got motivated enough to get over there. I went every year for a decade but I haven't been in 2 years. The crowds are ridiculous and prices for most everything are insane.

Blade is overpriced for admission, at least to me, but it is a good event to fondle lots of knives and decide what I really want, so that I can go home and order online at a later date. It is also a great event to discover small, independent makers. Finding new to me independent knife makers is the best. That's how I discovered Freeman outdoor gear a few years ago.

Dont get me wrong, Blade show is cool and I really like it, but it has gotten too crowded and expensive to enjoy it as much as I once did. Maybe next year...

Hard to really talk about how awesome the show was if you are into knives, knife making, etc. but there were alot of non knife companies there too. Maybe this will help!

My friend Eric and I put together a wicked set of videos that cover alot of bases, and we still have like 20+ more to upload - feel free to check out some of the footage here on my playlist. The channel is relatively new and videos are non-monetized so you won't get crappy ads either:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiK0D4BuvAO-NogXIkKKTeV7qvlxlF4Cj

This playlist will update automatically as videos go live, and honestly, seeing as how I am doing this while working full time, it may take a week or longer to get em all up, and that's after uploading about 4 a day. I feel that given the amount of coverage, editing and audio/video quality that we may have a leg up on most other channels, but that's just my humble opinion :yo: Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom