• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blew my learning curve on a custom sword set!

So, I accepted the request to make these when I was about 18mos into the hobby… I was pretty overwhelmed with even the thought of the project! They took me about six months to complete as I would start and stop a LOT!
Finally got them done and delivered yesterday!
Wakizashi and Tanto set with low layer count ladder pattern Damascus San mai , brass fittings, and curly maple handles and sayas with cocobolo accents.
They are “Japanese Inspired” but non traditional construction and they were both fun and challenging!:shocked::doh: (Mainly carving highly figured maple for the sayas!)
My biggest project to date!View attachment 4144331View attachment 4144332View attachment 4144333View attachment 4144334View attachment 4144335
Amazing work Sir, High Quality Craftsmanship.

Wow, those look great! Just the materials would be a pretty pricey for a project like that.
Did you do any kind of testing to see how the blade held up to use? Looks like a lot of time and thought went into them.

Stunning ! Absolutely stunning. I hope you got paid good because those worth some good pay !
You got that right. A lot lot time and energy goes into those. It takes me a week just to refurbish an old barrel and stock. Can you imagine starting with a bucked of various metals and take it to that point? Simply, overwhelmingly brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom