• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood sugar problems? Read this.

Good to know about the aspartame; something else to read labels and avoid. Keto meal tonight are roadkills (like Texas Roadhouse) with a salad. Neighbors are smelling my smoker going right now as it has about 20 more minutes till the hamburger steaks are ready.

I was in a car accident several years ago now, crushed my ankle in 4 places. Was stuck in a wheel chair for about 4 months then several months more with very limited movement on crutches. I gained about 30lbs during this and was already overweight to begin with, started having problems with my BP and Sugar. I went on a low carb diet, pretty much just cutting out the processed food crap and lost the 30lbs in a fairly short time then stalled out for awhile. Decided to do the Keto and have since lost another 50lbs, my BP is great, my sugar levels are great and I feel great other than a sore ankle from time to time. I pretty much only eat carnivore now with the occasional veggies and every once in a while a bit of carbs. Works great.

Keto is a life saver. I used to run a weight loss center and all we prescribed nothing but keto meal plans. Meds are designed to KEEP you sick! The right Foods and time (fasting) are the ultimate healers.

Guys I have enjoyed reading your post. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My blood pressure could always be controlled through diet and exercise. My blood sugar was never really an issue either until I had an accident. Broke some ribs and it put me down for a couple months. Started feeling bad and couldn't figure out why. Found out my blood pressure and sugar went crazy. Anyway I have been eating healthy by dropping all breads, pasta, cereal and potato's. I love vegetable's so lunch and dinner are easy to plan. Breakfast is tough because of time to prepare a meal. I get up at 4 so cooking a meal is almost impossible.
If any of you guys have suggestions or ideas I would like to hear them.

Guys I have enjoyed reading your post. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My blood pressure could always be controlled through diet and exercise. My blood sugar was never really an issue either until I had an accident. Broke some ribs and it put me down for a couple months. Started feeling bad and couldn't figure out why. Found out my blood pressure and sugar went crazy. Anyway I have been eating healthy by dropping all breads, pasta, cereal and potato's. I love vegetable's so lunch and dinner are easy to plan. Breakfast is tough because of time to prepare a meal. I get up at 4 so cooking a meal is almost impossible.
If any of you guys have suggestions or ideas I would like to hear them.

Join Pinterest and search that site. Thousands of recipes for whatever you want.

When I started working out, I went on a Keto diet at the same time to maximize weight loss. I was doing a high intensity type full body workout 3 days a week and for 2 weeks it worked great and I lost 10 lbs. Then the lack of carbs made weight lifting a complete chore. My progress halted and I felt drained all day.

Basically I cycled in about 250 carbs a day and cycled out 100 grams of protein so my macros were 200 P, 80 F, 300 C. If I want to lose weight now I just drop 100-150 C a day.

I started working out because I had high BP and it started hurting to bend over to tie my shoes, even if I was sitting down. Keto does work but not for anyone who is highly active and is looking to progress in said activity.

I started intermittent fasting and keto August 15th after going to the dr and realizing what a fat bastard I was. I haven't weighed yet and won't until I go to the dr again at the end of next month. But, none of my pants fit and my belt is so tight it is uncomfortable.
The thing I like about keto is the foods that you can eat. I like to cook so I enjoy coming up with recipes like the shrimp and "grits: below. My wife is out of town so I made the shrimp extra spicy.(it's orange because of the habeneros) I used mashed cauliflower with lots of cheese and heavy cream for the grits.

20190925_181632.jpg

I will receive the official Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis tomorrow afternoon. I got the lab results last week confirming. I hope that my doc will put me on metformin as it may be easier to tolerate.

I will receive the official Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis tomorrow afternoon. I got the lab results last week confirming. I hope that my doc will put me on metformin as it may be easier to tolerate.
Made me feel like I was building up to a heart attack. BamaFan I meant to order the book a few years ago when the post came up. How about some feed back after a few years, did it work?

Back
Top Bottom