Boats - what would you do ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
So, I've admitted to myself that health and domestics have probably ended my boating days, at least for some time, and I've decided the boat, a 1995 27' cuddy, has to go. A couple of years ago I started to overhaul the interior, (got some damp in over the winter and mildewed), got as far as removing seats etc.

Now it's sitting in the driveway, waiting to be polished, (black stripes suck !), and I'm going to get the sunpad / engine hatch recovered, (split seams).

The engine should be good, installed in 2005, ran fine before it was winterized the last time, so I'm think an oil change, outdrive lube, new impeller, should about do for that.

So would you go ahead and try to deal with the interior, (the headliner is the most difficult part), or just get it up and running and sell as is ?

Being that it's Spring and most potential buyers would prefer something complete and ready for the water, I'd say it'll sell much quicker with the interior back together.
Different story if this was for sale mid-winter and buyer had the time to complete a project boat.

Fair point, I doubt I could refurb it in time for this season, I don't have the money to just farm the whole job out. Maybe set my sights on next spring.

Probably right, I really don't like having to go through buyers taking up an hour telling me all the things I know are wrong and then offer 1/2 what I'd take, or nothing, and walk away !

I'm not a fan of selling things :)

Back
Top Bottom