• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BOLO Stolen Polaris RZR Dekalb area

No insurance fraud here. There was no insurance on the machine unfortunately. Police “say” they are checking cameras in the area to see how the guy got there. I feel like he was dropped off and his cohorts had an enclosed trailer somewhere nearby. The turbo S is in high demand but are not in production anymore and dealers were sure they weren’t getting any more. He stumbled across what may be the last two new ones for sale last month. He bought both and was planning to keep one and flip the other. This one was the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read enough of these atv thefts that if I ever have one for sale it will have some kind of remote kill switch.

Sorry OP. Hope you have some kind of resolution.

I keep insurance on all of my stuff but I’ll be buying gps trackers after this.

No insurance fraud here. There was no insurance on the machine unfortunately. Police “say” they are checking cameras in the area to see how the guy got there. I feel like he was dropped off and his cohorts had an enclosed trailer somewhere nearby. The turbo S is in high demand but are not in production anymore and dealers were sure they weren’t getting any more. He stumbled across what may be the last two new ones for sale last month. He bought both and was planning to keep one and flip the other. This one was the latter.

Standing in my driveway waiting on someone to show up to buy a high priced sxs, and they come walking down the driveway solo, and no questions get raised.. How'd you get here, how do you plan to take this machine home? Come on dude, the police aren't checking cameras. Who lets someone test drive something like that given the above circumstances?

Either I didn’t explain well or you misread. It didn’t happen at his house. If it did the outcome would have been a lot different. The buyer offered to pay him to deliver it. My friend went to what he perceived to be the buyers house in a nice neighborhood. The circumstances that you mention would be a hard no for anyone.

Either I didn’t explain well or you misread. It didn’t happen at his house. If it did the outcome would have been a lot different. The buyer offered to pay him to deliver it. My friend went to what he perceived to be the buyers house in a nice neighborhood. The circumstances that you mention would be a hard no for anyone.

Yeah it definitely wasn't explained that way in the original post.. So he took his truck and trailer with a sxs, and unloaded it at a stranger's house in their driveway which resulted in him having his machine stolen by someone that doesn't actually live there? The offender was just hanging out at someone's house, pretending it was their own, waiting to steal his **** when he showed up? He believed they had roughly 30k for a sxs like that, but no way to pick it up, and never asked to see the cash prior to driving off in a literally brand new machine? Every aspect of this screams red flag.

Had this nearly happen with my motorcycle I sold last summer. Guy showed up walking. Wanted to take it for a test ride. I told him to hand me his wallet with my asking price. He gave me some bull**** story that he must have left it in the Uber.

I let his sorry ass know he had 2 seconds to get out of my sight before I laid hands on him.

That being said, sorry for your friend. Sucks to get taken advantage of like that. Makes you lose all trust in those you don't know.

These 'hood carts are all over Macongo. Not this specific model, but sxs's & 4 wheelers are all over the city. Covid money I guess. They use them as a conveyance, or joy ride all over the neighborhood skreets (and lately highways) with impunity. No insurance, no tags, no helmets or safety gear, They think that since these aren't cars, they don't have to observe traffic laws or control devices. It's a Macongo free for all and the cops, (LOL) won't do **** all about it even though there are new local laws that specifically address off road vehicles. Can't upset the indigs.

The thief won't anymore resist the urge to sport around his 'hood that he would get a job and earn a living. He could be found because it's highly unlikely he has a place to hide that at his gurl's crib. Don't look for the po-"lice" to do a damned thing though. You're on your own safari.

Back
Top Bottom