• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolt action with AR mags

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum have any input on Mossberg's new MVP series? The Varmint and Preadstor are bolt action rifles that use AR mags? Kinda looks like the Ruger Gunsite Scout......wish that took AR style .308 mags.:confused:

i5.photobucket.com_albums_y168_osg_Buzzards_IMG958926.jpg

I don't like the bolt design. That being said,I have a bolt action that takes slightly modified pmags and I love it. But it took a lot of work to build it.

I can see using 10 or 20 round mags but that 60 round surefire mag looks dumb on there. Of course, I have bolt action rifles that are single shot so I may be biased.

I can see using 10 or 20 round mags but that 60 round surefire mag looks dumb on there. Of course, I have bolt action rifles that are single shot so I may be biased.

I got a pic somewhere if my rifle with a 100 round beta mag in it. Its common for me to couple 2 20 round mags with a baseplate coupler for 40 rounds on tap quick and easy with a short footprint.

I wish Remington came up with that idea. I would like to see a Remington 700 (.223 or Blackout) 21" inch bull barrel with Black Hogue stock with two AR clips included.

Back
Top Bottom