• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boresight Question Research, Help participate!!!!

Is boresight important?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
I don't know? When the adapter is mounted on the scope eyepiece it has to be pulled out about 4 inched so it can see a 20 mm strip that is used to locate the chamber insert.

Hmmm, also wonder on the off set scope mount..If it would work for M1C and M1D garand... with their offset scope mounts...???

It sounds as though it needs a line of sight from the rear to the chamber ? If that's the case I'm not sure how it would be set up for use on something like a M1 / M1A which has a solid rear receiver.

It seems there's some moving parts that will have to re-position very accurately to be able to validate a scope hasn't shifted at all.

I do have engineers working on the prototype design. The app concept is patented and is currently in development. The eyepiece mount and the chamber inserts are patent pending. I think once all is captured in CAD I could see if I can run a simulation. Thanks for the feedback.

Forgot to mention, That the app can tell if the scope is canted. All you need to do is set the app crosshairs on the scope crosshairs and note any difference. The app tracks vertically much like a plumb line.

So it will compensate for the rifle itself being canted and still provide scope leveling ? Great feature.

This should be the app to use before the computation by ballistic apps. The finding of the chamber as a departure point and the true height between center of scope and center of bore would be good data for any ballistic app.

I am thinking of running simulations once the files are completed. The ar15/m4 platform appears to be available to actual specs. If I can find others later I will ask the engineers to run the simulations and see if we can redesign later for M1/M1A. Trying to make it universal in eyepiece adapter and the chamber inserts. The chamber insert will use brass that can be interchanged for about 10 calibers.

"Avatar says Field Artillery but I'm thinking you're an engineer." That is funny. Now the serious stuff. The advantage is being precise and taking out the error. The app will ask for the diameter of your scope, and the make and caliber of your rifle. It has access to the SAMMI tables that list the chamber dimensions of all rifles and the pressure standards. The app only uses the chamber specs from the table to determine the center of the chamber it will also use the scope diameter to locate the center of the scope for the line of sight. Once the app locates the chamber with the help of the chamber insert it knows that directly above it is the scope center. The phone has a sensor that determines the vertical line. Along this line is the height of the scope above the chamber. Where the vertical line and the line of sight meet they form a 90 degree angle and the line of sight is where the app will go out whatever distance you tell it 25 or 100 yards for example.
All that is left is to figure out the side that represents the line of bore sloping up to meet the line of sight. Best part it stores all this based on your rifle for recall whenever you want it. I think of all the uppers and scopes I can change on my favorite lower with all the zeros saved. Hope I answered the question. Thanks
Maybe a good idea to add temperature too. Ambient and bore temp. That way you can record and compensate when things move due to expansion and contraction. I like it.

For my beta testers, it will be unique as they will get the package for $55 instead of retail of $85. The testers will also get a free subscription for three years that will retail for 60 per year. The subscription allows the recording of 12 rifles per year for a total of 36 plus the 5 that will be included in the $55 price 0f beta package. Beta testers will get all upgrades first and any additional advances made during the three years.

Back
Top Bottom