• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boresight Question Research, Help participate!!!!

Is boresight important?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
very interesting. So let me throw you a curve ball. Will your device measure the bore of the rifle as it travels down the bore? Some guys like to know how a barrel slugs...hence trajectory of the bullet.

very interesting. So let me throw you a curve ball. Will your device measure the bore of the rifle as it travels down the bore? Some guys like to know how a barrel slugs...hence trajectory of the bullet.
RecordFire finds the location of the chamber and the vertical line that crosses the line of sight. The vertical line is determined by the phone's sensor. There are two other locations that may be off, the scope crosshairs and the center of the scope, here is how the app corrects. When you log in, the app can work with defaults or it can draw data from tables based on user input such as manufacturers specs on rifles, calibers, and scopes. The crosshair location is found when you 1st place the app's crosshairs on the scope's crosshairs. The exact center of scope will default to 1 inch unless the user gives the app data to get the scope from the table. The app uses the center of scope to determine the distance between the center of scope and center of the bore. That distance above the bore is shown by a dot in the app screen, this new line of sight extends to the distance the user specifies and intersect with the line of the bore, and is the true boresight.

RecordFire, Coming soon to an App Store near you. U.S. Patent Number 9335125, U.S. Provisional Application Serial No. 62/542,713 filed August 8, 2017 and U.S. Provisional 10 Application Serial No. 62/414,649 filed October 28, 2016

Attachments

• image (3).png
    image (3).png
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
Your avatar says Field Artillery but I'm thinking you're an engineer... What is the benefit of such an app over a laser boresighter I stick on the end of the muzzle with a magnet? Just curious because that works great and is super easy.
I am reviving this thread. I am getting close to the finish on the app and the hardware. The app records all info in relation to the rifle's chamber.

Back
Top Bottom