• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boresight, two lines that never meet

In boresight does the line of sight and the line of bore meet?

• Yes

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
For most shooters, understanding Line of sight and line of bore are all that matter, that and dismissing from your mind that a bullet can ever rise above line of bore. It does indeed begin to drop and continues to drop until gravity drives it to earth.
With a properly mounted scope, centered over the bore, line of bore and line of sight are never perfectly parallel and the bullet will cross that line of sight twice, once near the muzzle and once further down range.
Hey PopPop, I agree, sometimes it is hard to distinguish between lines that never meet and bullet travel that crosses your sight setting.

Hey PopPop, I agree, sometimes it is hard to distinguish between lines that never meet and bullet travel that crosses your sight setting.
DAMN YOU GUY'S HAVE ME CONFUSED. I PUT IN A 30RD CLIP AND START SHOOTING,SOMETIMES I HIT WHAT I'M SHOOTING AT SOMETIMES I HAVE TO LOAD ANOTHER CLIP. THAT'S HOW I SIGHT MY RIFLE IN AND IT WORKS.

hey Bear44. Here is my point of reference found this link to an old dusty FM numbered 6-40 used in the early 80s before computers took over the computation of firing data. https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/6-40/Ch11.htm

Please ask any FA type 13 series MOS about the Gunnery Department and its instructors. We also taught the Marine Corps FA as the students of both branches learned the technical aspect of gunnery from one source.

Really.

an old gunmaker told me 40 years ago.When you site in at 25 yards adjust scope to 1 inch low at 25 yards,puts you on at 100.Because the bullet is rising when it leaves the barrel and will continue to rise for x amount of yards.Seems to have worked.

I use it on my .25-06 which is a fast mover. Might be a half inch off, but nothing a deer without calipers will ever notice.

hey Bear44. Here is my point of reference found this link to an old dusty FM numbered 6-40 used in the early 80s before computers took over the computation of firing data. https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/6-40/Ch11.htm

Please ask any FA type 13 series MOS about the Gunnery Department and its instructors. We also taught the Marine Corps FA as the students of both branches learned the technical aspect of gunnery from one source.

Really.
Shooting a rifle is not done the same way artillery is used.

Back
Top Bottom