• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BOS Bill of Sales........Opinions.

Do you require Bill of Sales? If someone else wanted you to do one would you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BoS is not "useless." I sold a O/U derringer many solar rotations ago. The buyer asked me, "Do both barrels shoot?" I said, "Yes." He calls me up months later threatening me because it "didn't shoot them both at the same time." I had made him give his info on a BoS, guess who got it next?

The way I see it,the whole world already has your info. If your special enough and worth targeting,they already have your info. Daily activities,shopping habits ,travel habits,bank accounts,contacts,locations you hang at etc. etc.......It could be the government or an average criminal,but they can readily find out about you at will,unless you have been unplugged for a long long time.

The only one I've done was outside of this Forum & I didn't know he was gonna spring it on me. I declined and he said all he wanted was my name & model of gun. I gave him a nickname I was called when I was a boy and didn't think twice about it. Address would've been a no go

fill out a bill of sale if you want to

for those saying it wont hold up in court or whatever, they aint lawyers (i wouldnt listen to anyone on here as far as BOS legality)

that being said it could be a good idea for record keeping. i myself dont bother with it but some of the guys on here reaction to them is like you asking to **** their sister lol

Back
Top Bottom