• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Box blind build instructions?

LiveB8

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good box blind build instructions? I'm interested in building a box blind on top of 16 ft 4x4's. I have the tower portion pretty much figured out but need some help/suggestions on building the box blind itself.

The hardest part for me was how high the bottom of the window needed to be. I sat in camp chairs like I would be hunting out of. Measured eye sight line. Held a rifle and measured for barrel support. And i still got it to low. After putting it in place I added a 2x4 sideways In the bottom of the window to raise it.

So what ever you do there. Look at it three or four times and measure it more before you go with it. Good luck!

I also thought about one but bought a steel one from Hooper trailers down in griffin. 2 man 15' was about 525 I think. I added up the time and energy in building vs the fact I can move a lightweight steel frame if I want and figured I came out ahead this way. Put on a 6x10 trailer, took 2 of us to haul into place and push up, 20 min to zip tie the blind, done.

I also thought about one but bought a steel one from Hooper trailers down in griffin. 2 man 15' was about 525 I think. I added up the time and energy in building vs the fact I can move a lightweight steel frame if I want and figured I came out ahead this way. Put on a 6x10 trailer, took 2 of us to haul into place and push up, 20 min to zip tie the blind, done.
Got any pictures of it?

Got any pictures of it?
null_zpsfa7130aa.jpg
null_zpsa121060c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom