• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Box blind

soggybottomboy

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
19   1
Reaction score
I'm thinking about building a box blind and using elevators to get it up 8 to 10 ft in the air.

Feedback requested on size. I will be bringing my two boys and my wife at times. Enough room for a minimum of two/three chairs or space for my little boys to lay down.

I can't decide on size to build and am looking for plans. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I estimated cost on elevators but how much are we talking as far as cost? Granted I have the tools, metal roof, and decking already. I don't have post or framing wood or windows.

In order to fit in three or four of you I would suggest that you make the blind a rectangle with the wide area facing the main target area. Perhaps 72X42x72.

We hunt out of one the base is 4X8, there's our Condo we hunt out of, just an idea. The steps were built for our Chocolate Lab "THE DUKE". THIS IS ROUGH COUNTRY LIVING PRIMITIVE BUT COMFORTABLE.

We have carpeted floors, sliding windows, shelves under the windows, shelf over the door for water, cokes, soups, crackers, chips etc. Have a LP heater that will heat morning biscuits and coffee, two chairs, when it rains we listen to the rain hitting on the metal roof, sometimes even we take a nap.

DSC01301.jpg

Last edited:
I used construction scaffolds. Pick them up pretty cheap on CL. Floored them out and just built a 32 inch wall around. Killed many deer from it on a powerline

I like em 4'x4' It makes using plywood easy during the build with little waste and it's small enough to get the rifle out the window where ever game approaches from. 2 can hunt a 4x4 but it sounds like you need a hotel room for the crowd.
I have hunted bigger boxes but they just aren't nearly as easy to hunt from.

Back
Top Bottom