Votes: 35 22.4%
  • Free tax stamp

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • It's a trap

Votes: 53 34.0%

• Total voters
I was told there'd be cake.

chevy-chase.gif

Thank you for contacting my office to share your perspective on proposed changes to pistol brace registration. I appreciate hearing from you.

My view is that we can uphold the Second Amendment right to bear arms and reduce gun violence in America.

Just as responsible, law-abiding citizens have a right to own and operate firearms for self-defense and recreation, the United States Congress and local governments have obligations to public safety and crime prevention that require commonsense gun policies.

It’s about striking the right balance.

The cruel murders of the children in Uvalde, Texas, the racially-motivated slaughter in a Buffalo grocery store a few days prior, and the rise in violent crime across America has painfully demonstrated the need for greater commonsense gun safety legislation.

In June 2022, I joined with colleagues from both sides of the aisle to pass landmark gun safety legislation that will save lives by cracking down on illegal gun trafficking, strengthening background checks, keeping guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, and strengthening mental health care programs.

This important first step in making our communities safer will reduce illegal gun activity, while ensuring that law-abiding gun owners can continue to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

For millions of Americans, responsible gun ownership is a matter of personal and family protection, outdoorsmanship and recreation, skill and competence, tradition and the Constitution. I believe in the right to bear arms, but I don’t believe that constitutes an absolute, unconditional right to own any weapon of any class without restriction.

From my position on the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will continue to work to strike the appropriate balance of ensuring Constitutional freedoms and protection against senseless violence, informed by input from constituents like you. I will remain candid and open-minded, and I humbly invite you to write me again with further thoughts and as specific legislation comes before the Senate.

Thank you again for contacting me. I always welcome your input and feedback.

Wherever and however I can be of service, please contact my office at 202-224-3521. All of our resources are also available at ossoff.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

fkIJAxloNhTx6HKCCMsj9drChGhKqCjkx1RPjsVsNgoNoyUYD3kzCc4loyGIqEUbcWUqBZWAF4-VEj4IITPiOldHFOFpVGYqlX9ANRjQg2hjA33_G8zylGwx5gNbPQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Jon Ossoff
United States Senator

Flat out lie. I HATE our senators!
They always talk about the first step…they will never tell you what the last step is.

Back
Top Bottom