Brand of Ammo in your CCW

With all due respect to Mr. Ayoob, I'm not going to let one case out of hundreds, maybe thousands, of defensive shootings keep me up at night worried about handloads, especially in GA where we have the 'stand your ground' law and there is no duty to retreat.
agreed 110%

FNX 45 - Federal HST 230 +P
M&P 9 - Speer Gold Dot 124
M&P 9 Shield - Speed Gold Dot 124

Sometimes I cant carry a gun so I carry a knife. - Kershaw Cryo

Winchester T-Series is essentially the same thing, I guess people want to call it Black Talon. Or it could just be old ammo. There's still plenty out there. :noidea:
I know about SXT (same exact thing) LOL! Is that even still being made?

"Black Talon" just caught my eye in that post.

If that is in fact what he is carrying, then he is trusting his life to ammo that is 20-something years old.

I know that opinions vary on the subject of ammo rotation, but my EDC gets fresh ammo once a year.

I know that modern ammo is good for much longer than 1 year, but $25 per year for some fresh HST seems like cheap insurance to me.

I know about SXT (same exact thing) LOL! Is that even still being made?

"Black Talon" just caught my eye in that post.

If that is in fact what he is carrying, then he is trusting his life to ammo that is 20-something years old.

I know that opinions vary on the subject of ammo rotation, but my EDC gets fresh ammo once a year.

I know that modern ammo is good for much longer than 1 year, but $25 per year for some fresh HST seems like cheap insurance to me.

Last summer a female friend of mine asked me to take a look a pistol her Grandfather gave her, that she had kept loaded on the top shelf of her closet for years along with a box of ammo.
The box of ammo has this date stamped on it: DEC 1965.

With all due respect to Mr. Ayoob, I'm not going to let one case out of hundreds, maybe thousands, of defensive shootings keep me up at night worried about handloads, especially in GA where we have the 'stand your ground' law and there is no duty to retreat.

Agreed, pretty unique circumstances, but why take even that chance? You would think FL was a pretty safe state to be involved in a self-defense shooting, yet as George Zimmerman found out, you can still get hung out to dry by a malicious prosecution no matter what laws are on the books.

To me carrying handloads is like doing a trigger job on your carry gun. If you ever have to use it you need to be able to take as many avenues of attack off the prosecutor's table beforehand, rather than ending up being blindsided by them at a trail you never thought could happen.

RIP of course...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422107340.245786.jpg

Back
Top Bottom