Brand of Ammo in your CCW

Last summer a female friend of mine asked me to take a look a pistol her Grandfather gave her, that she had kept loaded on the top shelf of her closet for years along with a box of ammo.
The box of ammo has this date stamped on it: DEC 1965.
What kind of gun was it? Did you take it out and shoot it?

I heard a story once about a 1911 that had been in a drawer with a loaded mag for 30+ years.

Story was that when the gun was taken out to the range, the ammo and mag spring both functioned flawlessly.

What kind of gun was it? Did you take it out and shoot it?

I heard a story once about a 1911 that had been in a drawer with a loaded mag for 30+ years.

Story was that when the gun was taken out to the range, the ammo and mag spring both functioned flawlessly.

It was a revolver, made by some German company I had to Google, chambered in .38 Special.
I've been trying to get her to buy a new handgun and get some training since she lives and travels across country alone.

Haha not discontinued that long ago I think 09 but a lot of my Leo friends have it and it still goes bang. Fun for the nostalgia though. It has a longer nose on it though so I keep it in my mid size frames and larger. Idk that it will cycle reliably out of my XDs

Back
Top Bottom