• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

brass cleaning media?

Check with shrek he might have some walnut media left from the reloading meeting,I gave them 100 Lbs to pass out. that should be enough to fill your tumbler.I use that and the car polish in the bright green bottle.I don't remember the name right now something like finish1000 or something.I have used all sorts of polish made for brass casings and can't tell one from another.whatever works for you.I have heard of a guy that cut up scotch brite pads into little pcs and added it to his real dirty brass.

I use Lyman corn cob or walnut with a dab of the Dillon polish in the tumbler. Be sure to break the glob up pretty good before you add the brass, or you'll end up with polish in small globs inside the cases.

When do you consider the media to be dirty? when it just looks dirty or when it stops cleaning the brass? I've cleand probably a few thousand rds of brass and the media looks a little dirty but the brass still keeps coming out nice n purdy. Also my tumbler does not have a build in timer just a simple on/off switch. Does anyone know if theres a way to hook up a timer to it? I've left it on a couple of times overnight because I forgot it was running lol

Thanks

Just get a timer like you were to use if you went out of town and wanted lights to come on and off.

I always keep fresh media around to compare it to the stuff in the bowl, when the stuff in the bowl is rounded off, change it out.

Back
Top Bottom