• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brass shortage as well? Or just .375H&H?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I don't reload. I was aware of the primer shortage but is it brass as well? My brother has a few pieces (26) of once fired .375 and misc other stuff and I said "Maybe there's a little bit of a market for it" so was going to sell if for him but I can't even find any in stock to even guess at a price. The prices I do see are shocking.
So, brass is a problem too I take it?
Went motorcycle cycle shopping yesterday and apparently there's a shortage there as well.
Nothing is sacred.... :tsk:

There's been shortages on certain brass for years. 35 Remington is another good example. Anything outside of mainstream is tough to get. 9mm, 45, etc. are plentiful.

I've seen brass like this go for 25-50% the cost of a new round. Depending on condition, I'd venture to say you are looking at 1-2 each. If you are looking for a quick buck, you could sell them super fast at $1 each. If you are looking for top dollar, start at $2 or higher and adjust down as necessary.

i reload but the most obscure things i have 10mm, 45 autorim and 6.5grendel. My buddy loads 300rum and if you can find those in stock usually around 3$ per. If feeling generous, like RotoTerrier said at least 1$ each. or trade for some ammo he can use.

Id like to go moto shopping too since 2 co workers just bought a bmw r9t and a Ducati Monster and it gives me the itch. Really need to find a stator for the firebolt and get it back out on the road.

I picked up some new 375 H&H Nolser brass(2 boxes...25 per box) from Midway last year, after quite some time on the wait list....paid over $4 a piece....it was well over $200 for the 50 pieces....these calibers seldom get allotment in the making of brass.....the makers are busy making more common pieces...MY GUESS???
Here's the pisser....the reason I was looking for it was that I sent 100 pieces to a gun builder buddy of mine that had built a 375 H&H rifle for a customer, and the customer wanted loaded rounds to go with it....well...the builder knew I had the brass, so he asked If I would send him 100 pieces, as he couldn't find any available(duh), and needed to deliver the gun.....expecting they would be replaced, I sent them.....I even paid the shipping!!!.....so, after the wait, and purchase from Midway, I texted him to pay.....he took exception, figuring I had given him the brass....our relationship is currently "stressed" right now....AND it was only 1/2 of what I actually sent him.....
If I have a gun that shoots whatever....If I don't have a few hundred pieces of brass, I'm on the wait list for the brass...try to find 300PRC brass....
DSC00142.JPG

I picked up some new 375 H&H Nolser brass(2 boxes...25 per box) from Midway last year, after quite some time on the wait list....paid over $4 a piece....it was well over $200 for the 50 pieces....these calibers seldom get allotment in the making of brass.....the makers are busy making more common pieces...MY GUESS???
Here's the pisser....the reason I was looking for it was that I sent 100 pieces to a gun builder buddy of mine that had built a 375 H&H rifle for a customer, and the customer wanted loaded rounds to go with it....well...the builder knew I had the brass, so he asked If I would send him 100 pieces, as he couldn't find any available(duh), and needed to deliver the gun.....expecting they would be replaced, I sent them.....I even paid the shipping!!!.....so, after the wait, and purchase from Midway, I texted him to pay.....he took exception, figuring I had given him the brass....our relationship is currently "stressed" right now....AND it was only 1/2 of what I actually sent him.....
If I have a gun that shoots whatever....If I don't have a few hundred pieces of brass, I'm on the wait list for the brass...try to find 300PRC brass....View attachment 5347577
Yep unacceptable. :tsk:

If I have a gun that shoots whatever....If I don't have a few hundred pieces of brass, I'm on the wait list for the brass...try to find 300PRC brass....View attachment 5347577
That's terrible. I would say "benefit of the doubt", but clearly, he knew the scarcity of that brass and there's no way anyone could reasonably expect that to be a "gift". Sorry to hear that happened.

If I have a gun that shoots whatever....If I don't have a few hundred pieces of brass, I'm on the wait list for the brass...try to find 300PRC brass....your builderView attachment 5347577
Your "builder buddy" is a despicable thieving neckbeard of the lowest order.

thanks guys!!! yes....he's not on my friend list right now...the thing is, he and my dad did custom gun builds(he did all the work) my dad added the money..... when my dad passed, I got all his "stuff"....so, I guess, since it was my dads, he just figured that he didn't need to pay me back.....NOT!!! I still have his pre 64 375H&H....and now, he has most all my brass, so I've got to replace....anyway....the stuff is friggin expensive!!!

Back
Top Bottom