• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Braves

I agree. Maholm has either upped his game here, or he is getting better coaching here and wasnt pitching to his potential before. It's good to see whatever it is. I just hope Freeman isn't going to be dealing with oblique issues all season.

yea i hope not as well. Hopefully the 15 day DL will do him some good and he will come back healthy.

8-1. When do we play the marlins again?

Not nearly soon enough. I know its early but the NL is probably gonna come down to San Fran, Los Angeles, Washington, or Atlanta. At this point I'd have to seriously give the edge to us. But after the wildcard debacle last year who the heck knows. Maybe we will be so far out in first to take the excitement away from the race and the oh great and powerful Selig will dock us some games to make it more interesting.

Not nearly soon enough. I know its early but the NL is probably gonna come down to San Fran, Los Angeles, Washington, or Atlanta. At this point I'd have to seriously give the edge to us. But after the wildcard debacle last year who the heck knows. Maybe we will be so far out in first to take the excitement away from the race and the oh great and powerful Selig will dock us some games to make it more interesting.

You mean with the Braves new infield?
i.imgur.com_O4yEq.jpg

Upfront and honest I'm a lifelong Brave's fan. However, I'm also a baseball fan. I do tons of research and scout teams forward and backward (It's my nerd thing). After looking over every other teams rosters and what they can readily call upon from the AAA and AA levels to help with team needs (in case of injuries). The braves have one of the top 3 most impressive teams on paper. Washington, and Detroit also look very strong. So far so good, our beloved Braves are putting it all together thus far. Our line-up, even with some injuries early on, has been stout. Our starting pitching has been very impressive. Which brings me to what I think is the number one reason why the Braves can challenge for a WS title this year. The hands down best bull-pen in all of MLB (feel free to challenge this assertion). From our long relievers, to the set-up men, to the best closer in the game today, no one can boast what the Braves have. This relief core will only get better with the eventual return of Johnny Venters; provided he is back to normal, and doesn't need TJ surgery. The naysayers of Frank Wren can talk all they like, but like it or not the man has built a beast of a squad and been able to hold on to most of the young talent in the process. This is exactly why the Yankees and Red Sox of the baseball world won't be able to compete for a good long while. You must be able to accept a few years of mediocrity to develop the talent from within while picking up the few pieces you need along the way (Uggla and the Upton's). My only concern is that Freddie Gonzalez doesn't kill the team with bone-headed moves all year just to prove his points. However, that bunt call last night was freaking awesome (hoping it was his call). I can't wait to see how this season plays its self out, and look forward to more beer drinking rants on the subject of our dearly loved Braves.

Back
Top Bottom