• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning BAR 30-06 problems

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
I have a BAR in 30-06 made in 1986 in Belgium. it fires, then the BCG comes back, ejects the spent casing, but doesn't come back far enough to pick up the new round and load into the chamber. wondering if I need a new gas regulator? I put in on tight. I shoot 150gr, maybe move up to 180gr ammo? any advice is welcome. thanks

is this the first time you have shot this ammo. has it ever malfunctioned before. changing ammo is the easiest test. if it still did the same thing I would take it apart and give it a thorough cleaning check the gas tube and try it again. its an easy fix I am sure , best of luck with it

I have a BAR in 30-06 made in 1986 in Belgium. it fires, then the BCG comes back, ejects the spent casing, but doesn't come back far enough to pick up the new round and load into the chamber. wondering if I need a new gas regulator? I put in on tight. I shoot 150gr, maybe move up to 180gr ammo? any advice is welcome. thanks

Could it have been cleaned with WD40. Years ago that happened a lot. It clogs the gas port.

I've fixed two bars lately that had been sitting for number of years any had strip them down and clean off rust and crud also took barrel off and cleaned chamber good. Oil parts where see wear and put little grease on bolt! Will work like new!

I've fixed two bars lately that had been sitting for number of years any had strip them down and clean off rust and crud also took barrel off and cleaned chamber good. Oil parts where see wear and put little grease on bolt! Will work like new!

I did this when I got mine, and mine wasn't dirty at all. pretty clean actually. i'm going to fire some 180gr ammo this weekend and see if that is the reason. I re-cleaned the gas regulator, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom