Buddy wants me to buy his gun, should I?

The new models are 50-50 at best. Call around to different dealers. I know of 2 local dealers to Marietta/Kennesaw that broke contract with them because 50%+ were coming back broken in some fashion. I'm not naming names just call and ask for yourself.

The older ones are more like 70-30 with the 70 being has issues. It's a kel-tec knockoff. I have 2 co-workers that own them (new models) and they are just a nicer looking kel-tec. We can get them at employee cost ($175 black no safety, $190 TT no safety, $190 black w/ safety, $210 TT w/safety) because one of our employees left to work for their new GA office and to be honest, even at $175 I wouldn't say they were a deal. Just my opinion. They are a deep concealed carry gun. Not made to shoot a lot or be handled excessively. I wouldn't trust my life to one. Again, JMO based on personal experience.

Supposedly it's a Keltec clone with a safety made by former Keltec employees that started their own company. Can't confirm that though. Gun shop here in Dalton has Gen 1 and Gen 2 both for $265 plus tax.

That sounds about right. I also remember there was a bit of a stink caused by one of their upper-level employees pretending to be a new SKKY owner and posting glowing reviews of their new gun on various forums until he was outed for being a shill.

Personally, if I want a Keltec, I'll buy a Keltec...not a clone.

Back
Top Bottom