• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Butt suggestions

I’m doing 2 tomorrow. Brine overnight in apple juice, water, spices. Trying a new rub I picked up last week. Forget the name right now. Inject with apple juice and spices. Smoke at 225 for about 10ish hours. Let rest and pull. Serving it Sunday evening for our LifeGroup Bible study.

I’ve done many many many butts but need something new. I’m thinking I will inject with apple juice this time and maybe do the foil pan wrap instead of foil and/or paper wrapping, yes I’ve done the no wrap also.I always do the foil pan with brisket but never on a butt. Hit it with some butter, brown sugar, more rub, and apple juice in pan (like ribs). Think I’m going to use Kosmos Honey Killer Rub/Killer Hogs BBQ rub combo and not trim but score the fat cap.

I’ve done many many many butts but need something new. I’m thinking I will inject with apple juice this time and maybe do the foil pan wrap instead of foil and/or paper wrapping, yes I’ve done the no wrap also.I always do the foil pan with brisket but never on a butt. Hit it with some butter, brown sugar, more rub, and apple juice in pan (like ribs). Think I’m going to use Kosmos Honey Killer Rub/Killer Hogs BBQ rub combo and not trim but score the fat cap.
That sounds really good! What temp do you wrap it!

I cover in yellow mustard then use meat church holy gospel rub and honey hog 60/40. Let it sit over night then smoke direct on grate for 3-4 hours @ 225 spraying with an apple juice and bourbon mix every hour for first few hours. After there is a nice mahogany bark I put it in a foil pan, cover with foil and leave on till it falls apart with the tongs. A bit over 200 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom