• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a MG on form 4 out of state

Are you trying to avoid paying a second tax? That is tax evasion in the eyes of the ATF.

Unfortunately the two form 4s is just a harsh reality when buying out of state, non FFL owned items.
No not trying to avoid the 2nd tax, just wondering if there was another option that was legal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry wasn't trying to come off rude. There are no legal ways I am aware of if it is owned by an out of state entity. Personally, I would not try to find a way to circumvent it. If it is a valuable enough gun, and a good enough deal, it is worth hopping on a flight and going to check it out and meet the guy and only offer to pay 30-50% until it is shipped.

Sorry wasn't trying to come off rude. There are no legal ways I am aware of if it is owned by an out of state entity. Personally, I would not try to find a way to circumvent it. If it is a valuable enough gun, and a good enough deal, it is worth hopping on a flight and going to check it out and meet the guy and only offer to pay 30-50% until it is shipped.
No worries, it was a grey area for me but thank you for filling me in and for the solid advice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Out of state form 4s take awhile. I have had stuff tied up over a year by time it finally came to me. One way to get it to your dealer while the first form4 is taking place is have it sent to your dealer for a type of repair. It’s still is on the other form 4 but if your dealer is good guy & has range you could shoot at his location while paperwork is clearing. Example of type of repair large pin to small pin conversion for a converted AR15. Uzi magwell installation for a M10. It’s just a way to get work done during the long wait & get chance to try out your gun occasionally

Back
Top Bottom