• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying someone elses hot rod and then trying to figure out what parts are on it?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I have this new to me hot rod Studebaker and I am trying to figure out what rear brake system yr, make and model it came from. Worse is that I think it's a conversion kit that has no ID stamped anywhere. The original owner is unknown. It looks like I will have to go buy another rear conversion kit just to be able to know what I have in case I need pads, rotors or calipers.

Rotors and calipers are stamped Ford but no idea from what year, make or model. None of the typical places can help and my local Napa place will rot to the ground before I step foot in there again.

Not that many ford brake setups. You should be able to figure it out based on pad shape, rotor diameter and piston size on the caliper.

check on a ebc catalog. i have one at my motorcycle shop. it has all of the pads they make drawn to scale. you can lay the pad on it and match it up. i am sure they do the same for cars...

A lot of guys used Mustang II parts on hot rods back in the day. Is it a Ford axle?

I would ask those questions here: http://www.clubhotrod.com/forum.php

9" narrowed Ford rear end with no emerg brake. These rotors are 11 1/2" wide and top hat is 1 1/2". Calipers are single piston.

number on right rear caliper.jpg
right rear axle hub and linkage.jpg
right rear where caliper bolts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom