• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C3 Billet Lower - Stuck Buffer retaining pin

Aegis

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
447   0
Reaction score
I picked up a C3 Enhanced Billet Lower in a trade, but it didnt have a stock on it. Finally got around to putting one on, to find out the retaining pin for the buffer doesnt fit right. I feel pretty shafted right now....

Its stuck in there. I cant get it out with pliers, Im more than a little mad, so ive stepped away before I break something.

Im open to suggestions.

Let it soak a bit in liquid wrench, use a q-tip with acetone or brake cleaner to wipe the tip clean and try again. A few gentle taps may loosen its bite just enough.

Last edited:
If nothing else works, drill it, tap it, put a screw in it and pull it out. (If the spinning drill bit doesn't grab and pull it out) Be careful not to let the bit hit the wall or bottom of the hole

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my C3 enhanced lower. i took sandpaper and went to town on the retaining pin. Works great now. Dont feel bad, C3 is known for having extremly TIGHT tolerances. I had to take a file to my magwell to get my Pmags to drop free.

I had the same problem with my C3 enhanced lower. i took sandpaper and went to town on the retaining pin. Works great now. Dont feel bad, C3 is known for having extremly TIGHT tolerances. I had to take a file to my magwell to get my Pmags to drop free.

It's not tight tolerances.........it's called out of spec

Yep, x3. The C3 lowers are great, but quite often they don't fit properly with a lot of different uppers. The suggestions above all are good ideas, I'd do the drill bit as a very last resort.

Back
Top Bottom