• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C3 Billet Lower - Stuck Buffer retaining pin

Sux man.

Member here traded me one that I could barely put an upper on. Would never own that junk again.

So would rather have one that fits any upper with tons of slop, or one that you can (with just a little time and effort) have a very tight no slop upper/lower? Why dont people bash the lower end lower manufacturers for having super loose lowers?

OK I think we have a quorum, time to make that One Call Thats All... Sounds like a class action law suite :p I agree with other post.... It in no way is in spec, the lowers are POS compared to say Seekins, Black Rain, Sun Devil... just to name a few. The story why I wanted one is only because of the company name "C3" When I was in Uncle Sam's canoe club I was a Chief Missile Technician. My billet was 3313 and I supported the "C3" Poseidon missile. Just a little nostalgia. I had a quest to find a C3 upper too. Do a search just on ODT... I'd bet that there were many, many C3 lowers pawned off....

That is a cool story! Completely understand the nostalgia perspective.

So would rather have one that fits any upper with tons of slop, or one that you can (with just a little time and effort) have a very tight no slop upper/lower? Why dont people bash the lower end lower manufacturers for having super loose lowers?
Because they aren't supposed to be bank vault tight and require a tool to disassemble. The upper to lower fit has no effect on accuracy, so I'd rather it have a little play than be a pain in the rear to put together.

That is a cool story! Completely understand the nostalgia perspective.

Because they aren't supposed to be bank vault tight and require a tool to disassemble. The upper to lower fit has no effect on accuracy, so I'd rather it have a little play than be a pain in the rear to put together.

Good thing I wasn't a GYN doctor..

Back
Top Bottom