• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calcium CT scan PSA

xlr8ngn

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
Saw the sticky where a young man passed. I didn't know him or cause, but it lead me to post this. Something new to me that I didn't know about but had done recently, is we all can get our hearts scanned for $100.00 cash money, no insurance required. It is a heart calcium CT scan and it picks up on the calcium in plaque deposits in your heart. We all can economically check our hearts for blockages, and the scan can certainly help find the "widow maker" that takes many younger men and athletic people who have absolutely no symptoms and no real reason to get checked. Everyone should go get tested, it's only $100.00 and you can help rule out one of those fatal heart genetic predispositions. As I understand it is not 100% fool proof, but works extremely well and has saved so many people already. I had mine done outside insurance at Wellstar for $100.00. No excuses guys, it's less than the cost of a decent dinner, and could save your life or your buddies life that you share this info with.

Had one about a year ago and it came back Zero.
I have high cholesterol and did some research. I found out about the scan and was tested, and mine came back zero as well. If you have no blockages, cholesterol is not technically bad for you, but if the conditions are right like inflammation in the heart it can begin to build up plaque. That's my uneducated understanding.

I have high cholesterol and did some research. I found out about the scan and was tested, and mine came back zero as well. If you have no blockages, cholesterol is not technically bad for you, but if the conditions are right like inflammation in the heart it can begin to build up plaque. That's my uneducated understanding.
That’s what my doc said. Early detection is the key just like prostate exams, colonoscopy's and all of the other unpleasantries.

I would run this by your personal MD first, because my wife and I had these done about 10-15 years ago, took the results to our Emory doctor, and he said they were essentially useless/worthless. Just a gimmick to separate you from your money, a "wallet-ectomy".

Nothing to hurt you, but not medically useful or necessary. Your results may vary.

Back
Top Bottom