• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Call Me...

Kyzrsoze

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
I've discussed this one with a few members in the last month. I list something for sale or trade, and I get a PM from another member - no offer, just a message saying "give me a call" and a phone number. I know some guys just prefer to deal on the phone, but I figure in most cases one of two things is true:

1) The person wants to steer the deal off the site so that nothing can be tracked.
2) The person thanks that by getting me on the phone he will be able to talk me into something that I would not otherwise agree to do.

Anyone else bothered by this?

While I prefer to speak to a person I at least try to set up a deal before I talk to the person. I agree with you on what your saying though.

I have no problems dealing on the phone and have done so many times.Some people are old fashion and some thinks trying to contact someone many times threw a PM and email that it takes to long to talk about such item.Or they want you to call so no one says "I will take it first" and knows a phone call is a direct contact vs waiting for PM's to travel in cyber space...

One reason I don't insist on a bill of sale is that I know my deals are "tracked" at some level through messages on this forum. Phone call is not going to happen until we've at least had some dialogue online. It's like match.com for gun owners.

I've discussed this one with a few members in the last month. I list something for sale or trade, and I get a PM from another member - no offer, just a message saying "give me a call" and a phone number. I know some guys just prefer to deal on the phone, but I figure in most cases one of two things is true:

1) The person wants to steer the deal off the site so that nothing can be tracked.
2) The person thanks that by getting me on the phone he will be able to talk me into something that I would not otherwise agree to do.

Anyone else bothered by this?

Call me to discuss! :D

I agree, this would bother me. I have only made one trade on this site so far and everything was arranged by PM or text. Only time the phone was used was in the parking lot when we met for the trade.

I've called and then once the deal was confirmed, told them that I'd be sending them a PM going over what was discussed. Then asking that they respond with a confirmation. The other party had no issues.

Back
Top Bottom