• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Call Me...

I prefer email and pm simply because my job requires me to be on the phone all day. Any time I can get something done another way is a bonus for me. I just plain get tired of being on the phone.

after a deal (agreed price/trade and place) by PMs i want to talk on the phone after that. i dont have a fancy phone and its a PITA getting online sometimes. until a deal is struck, i also prefer PMs for documentation.

- - - Updated - - -

I've called and then once the deal was confirmed, told them that I'd be sending them a PM going over what was discussed. Then asking that they respond with a confirmation. The other party had no issues.

agreed

I should be more clear - certainly at some point during the process talking on the phone makes sense. For me that time comes when we essentially have a deal and just need to work out details. What bothers me is when a member's opening message is "call me". Frankly, if I'm going to have to endure a lowball offer or a ruger p95 trade I'd rather be ignoring a PM than talking on the phone when it happens.

That's reasonable and I was thinking the same thing. Once the deal is struck, I want to make sure we can communicate in case someone is running late.

It all depends on the sale item. I have purchased a few, like a Marlin I picked up yesterday. The price was good and I didn't have any issues with condition (project gun). That being said the seller was a long way away from me 238 mile round trip. I wanted to talk in person,phone before making a solid I will take it. Other times I have done everything via pm with no issues.
I do agree w/ op if I post an item and get a pm call me,you won't be hearing from me. Now if you let me know you are interested but can't use the computer due to work etc. and ask if I can call you, I think that is different.

A deal still needs to be made in pm. If it goes south and negative feedback is left... our hands are tied because there is no record of it on here. A deal pm should state the agreement on items a TIME and a PLACE.

I don't do much trading here anymore, but there was a time when I did. Back in the heyday of GON and the Georgia Gun Trader. I've only had a few bad deals but in fairness back then, the word spread quickly. I've met some great guys through trading and have spent countless hours BSing with them. I prefer telephone calls, there has one been once that I have gotten a bad deal when I talked to someone. The thing is, this isn't ebay, and there is nothing that leaving bad feedback is going to do to help right the problem.

I suppose the thing is, if it doesn't hurt you not to sell it, then don't call the man. What are you out by making the call?

Admitted, I would have have left a bit more detailed message, but maybe the guy is not computer savy.

Luke

It just happened to me, the guy posted "I'll take it", then PM me "Call me to possibly buy it" which is understandable but he didn't ask any questions about the item I am selling nor did he say that he is OK with the price. BTW, he has 0 feedback and less than 15 posts. I just don't want to waste my time with a guy who probably didn't even read my whole post!

I had one of those for an AR I was selling, he asked if I would hold it till he got paid!!!! I told him to call me when he had the money, we never made any kind of deal. A bunch of new folks looking anywhere they can to buy an AR

I'd rather only deal through PM's due to a deal I had made with a guy over text and on the way to meet he decided to back out. Left negative feedback and it was removed because no PM's were there to prove it. I do like talking on the phone after a deal is made though.

Back
Top Bottom