• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Call Me...

I usually ask a few quesitons, but a quick conversation can cover WAY more ground quickly and often gets you a better feel about the seller than their feedback score or post count. I put my cell in plenty of question PM's. It also happens to be a much better way to hear back from another user if you are not on ODT all day. I'm not.

I guess some people don't have time to constantly check the forum for messages. A phone you can bring and answer anywhere.

If a time and location is agreed upon and one person blows it off, unless that was documented in PMs, you can't leave a negative. Get everything done in PM and then call each other.

I have called several members and set up meets with no issue . I do kinda like to have them say i'll take it or i am interested in what ya have but have or something. Its not that big a deal to me . Yeah its easy to say i'll take it on here but its much easier to work out some details or answer questions in a phone call. I know some deals are fast and are done with a quick " i'll Take It" but sometimes others there are more questions and take a lil more time to fall into place

What does it matter how you talk to each other whether it's via PM or on the phone? These aren't baseball cards we're trading here guys .... I would never do a deal without talking to someone on the phone first even if we've PM'd a dozen times.

I've discussed this one with a few members in the last month. I list something for sale or trade, and I get a PM from another member - no offer, just a message saying "give me a call" and a phone number. I know some guys just prefer to deal on the phone, but I figure in most cases one of two things is true:

1) The person wants to steer the deal off the site so that nothing can be tracked.
2) The person thanks that by getting me on the phone he will be able to talk me into something that I would not otherwise agree to do.

Anyone else bothered by this?

PM's are a pain sometimes. It took me hours to work out one deal that really only amounted to a 5 min conversation. Still, PMs are my preference because I don't like giving out my number much. I worked out one deal on the phone and then sent a PM to document the understanding.

A deal still needs to be made in pm. If it goes south and negative feedback is left... our hands are tied because there is no record of it on here. A deal pm should state the agreement on items a TIME and a PLACE.

I should be more clear - certainly at some point during the process talking on the phone makes sense. For me that time comes when we essentially have a deal and just need to work out details. What bothers me is when a member's opening message is "call me". Frankly, if I'm going to have to endure a lowball offer or a ruger p95 trade I'd rather be ignoring a PM than talking on the phone when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom