• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Calling all E-cig / "Vapers" .... what do you vape??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copper SMPL clone, mutation x v3, 0.08 ohms, Sony VTC5. Hits like a freight train.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, the sweet spot for most of the OEM TFV4 coils seems to be at 50 watts or above from what I've read. I picked up the dual coil RBA for this tank and have a .4 ohm build at 43 watts. Perfect.

Yeah, the sweet spot for most of the OEM TFV4 coils seems to be at 50 watts or above from what I've read. I picked up the dual coil RBA for this tank and have a .4 ohm build at 43 watts. Perfect.

I run a tfv4 on an Ipv3 li at 95watts for the quad coil, lately been running the prebuilt Clapton which ohms out at .37 at 68 watts and extremely pleased. Juice hog for sure but flavor is good and vapor production is unreal.

After a day of using my TFV4 mini, I am not impressed. Juice leaks out of the air holes every time I fill it. Most of the OEM coils seem to need fairly high wattage to perform, which means a quick battery drain. That combined with the 3.5ml capacity means filling the tank more often too. The positives are: great air flow and good vapor production, but I just can't stand the leaking. I'm sure there's some filling method I could be using which may help with the leaking issue but I hate finicky stuff. I wish I had tried a Uwell Crown instead.

For now I'm going back to my old reliable Subtank Mini. It's smaller (shorter), holds more juice and doesn't leak.

Last edited:
After a day of using my TFV4 mini, I am not impressed. Juice leaks out of the air holes every time I fill it. Most of the OEM coils seem to need fairly high wattage to perform, which means a quick battery drain. That combined with the 3.5ml capacity means filling the tank more often too. The positives are: great air flow and good vapor production, but I just can't stand the leaking. I'm sure there's some filling method I could be using which may help with the leaking issue but I hate finicky stuff. I wish I had tried a Uwell Crown instead.

For now I'm going back to my old reliable Subtank Mini. It's smaller (shorter), holds more juice and doesn't leak.
I tried to fill my Triton tank too fast once and caused juice to overflow into the chimney and leak out the bottom airflow holes, but that was a case of user error. The funny thing is the TFV4's dont really have a reputation of being leaky, but most of the Kanger Subtanks do. Seems your experience is quite the opposite. The Uwell Crown is another tank I was considering as well.

I tried to fill my Triton tank too fast once and caused juice to overflow into the chimney and leak out the bottom airflow holes, but that was a case of user error. The funny thing is the TFV4's dont really have a reputation of being leaky, but most of the Kanger Subtanks do. Seems your experience is quite the opposite. The Uwell Crown is another tank I was considering as well.
I'm starting to think I got a faulty tank.. The overall reviews for the TFV4 are great, but I did a google search for "leaking tfv4" and found several folks reporting the same problem. Oh well.. Off to the junk drawer it goes. I might give it another shot a little later but too frustrated with it right now.

Look at the KOOPOR MINI and the Aspire PEGASUS. Both are TC and the Pegasus figures out what coil you are using by itself. Both are also single 18650. I get excellent battery life from both but I am using the new brown high capacity batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom