• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

The most I've ever put through any of my Glocks at one range session was 200 rds. I don't know what it is, but with the stock trigger, I just don't seem to be as accurate. Between my 4 Glocks (27, 36, 30 and 19), I've put probably 10k rounds through them. Once I get the springs and connectors replaced, they work fine.

My M&P is new and I've only got 250 rds through it, but the trigger out of the box just seemed to work better for me.

Maybe it's a mental thing with the Glocks? Like I know I've had trouble in the past so now I just expect it? I do agree that going between platforms isn't probably the best idea, but no matter what, I can't get rid of my Glocks because I like them. I bought the M&P just to try something new and really have enjoyed it so far.

What you need is a nice shiney, brand new Ruger SR40S and let ole mdog get one of them 45's out of your way. You'll feel better in no time. ;)

What you need is a nice shiney, brand new Ruger SR40S and let ole mdog get one of them 45's out of your way. You'll feel better in no time. ;)

:lol:

I actually looked at an SR40 when I was looking at my M&P. Really liked it but just decided on the M&P for poops and giggles. If I do decide to move the 30 or 36, I'll let ya know. The 36 is my fiance's favorite gun to shoot so I'd have to get her permission first.:D

:lol:

I actually looked at an SR40 when I was looking at my M&P. Really liked it but just decided on the M&P for poops and giggles. If I do decide to move the 30 or 36, I'll let ya know. The 36 is my fiance's favorite gun to shoot so I'd have to get her permission first.:D

If you have to get permission when she's your fiance, it's gonna be rough as a gun trader when you're actually married.

LOL! My wife is the reason I bought a second G27. Once she asked me how many guns I had and as I counted the G27 she quickly said" Oh no. That one's mine." Personally I think the whole conversation was so she could clarify that point. ;)

LOL! My wife is the reason I bought a second G27. Once she asked me how many guns I had and as I counted the G27 she quickly said" Oh no. That one's mine." Personally I think the whole conversation was so she could clarify that point. ;)

That's how it is with the 36. She claims it's hers because she carries it more than I do, but I'm the one who bought it.

The most I've ever put through any of my Glocks at one range session was 200 rds. I don't know what it is, but with the stock trigger, I just don't seem to be as accurate. Between my 4 Glocks (27, 36, 30 and 19), I've put probably 10k rounds through them. Once I get the springs and connectors replaced, they work fine.

My M&P is new and I've only got 250 rds through it, but the trigger out of the box just seemed to work better for me.

Maybe it's a mental thing with the Glocks? Like I know I've had trouble in the past so now I just expect it? I do agree that going between platforms isn't probably the best idea, but no matter what, I can't get rid of my Glocks because I like them. I bought the M&P just to try something new and really have enjoyed it so far.

I have to have different guns to let people handle & use during classes & I have to be able to shoot them well also but I've found the old saying of,"Beware of the man with one gun because he probably knows how to use it." to be pretty accurate.
After our classes, some of my more advanced students have dedicated themselves to spending more time with the gun they would use to defend their life & family & less time with their recreational "safe-queens".
It's tough to be real proficient with both unless you are able to spend a lot of time shooting.
I can tell you are a smart guy, as a lot of guys on here are, so as you know it also depends on what your personal goals are.
In my experience I've found that most people are happy being mildly proficient but having the illusion that they are "good enough".

Y'all have to forgive me for being a little serious sometimes.... I have learned shooting is not all about "stopping bad guys".
I'm just afraid as a country we are heading to a very bad place & I'm trying to do all I can to get my family, friends, & students as ready as possible to not be victims.

Last edited:
I have to have different guns to let people handle & use during classes & I have to be able to shoot them well also but I've found the old saying of,"Beware of the man with one gun because he probably knows how to use it." to be pretty accurate.
After our classes, some of my more advanced students have dedicated themselves to spending more time with the gun they would use to defend their life & family & less time with their recreational "safe-queens".
It's tough to be real proficient with both unless you are able to spend a lot of time shooting.
I can tell you are a smart guy, as a lot of guys on here are, so as you know it also depends on what you're personal goals are.
In my experience I've found that most people are happy being mildly proficient but having the illusion that they are "good enough".

Y'all have to forgive me for being a little serious sometimes.... I have learned shooting is not all about "stopping bad guys".
I'm just afraid as a country we are heading to a very bad place & I'm trying to do all I can to get my family, friends, & students as ready as possible to not be victims.

I don't want to be just "good enough". I want my weapon of choice to feel like an extension of my own body and I master it. Obviously that doesn't happen overnight, but as you stated, with lots of time behind the trigger. Now I just need the $$ to provide that time. :D

Back
Top Bottom