• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

Well, actually, aftermarket triggers are good sellers because tons of people would rather throw hardware at a software problem. The GLOCK trigger, brand new out of the box may be a little gritty but it works better and better every time you pull the trigger.

Of course this is just an opinion and I'm sure there are people that will say the S&W SIGMA has a Great trigger as well!

Very well put... actually got a chuckle reflecting on how accurate that statement is regarding everyone blaming the equipment.
This was my most recent qualification with a stock Glock 19. Not counting the 6 shots from the hip, the rest of the group measures 2 3/4" with 12 or 18 shots fired from the 15 yd. line & 18 shots fired from the 25.
The Glock triggers are fine if your fundamentals are sound.
In my opinion, the newer 4th gen do seem to be crisper with less overtravel.

Attachments

• IMAG0002-1.jpg
    IMAG0002-1.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 42
Ah yes, the old "it's the shooter's fundamentals" bit. Funny how those fundamentals seem to be okay with every other stock trigger but a Glock. Maybe I need to sip a little more Kool Aid? :confused:

I use to hate the glock trigger but I found that I shoot it the best. I actually like to let it stack then break the trigger like a SA, ride the trigger back to the reset, then break again like a SA. Works great!

50 rounds at 7 yards with my new G23.
i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_IMAG0085.jpg

Very well put... actually got a chuckle reflecting on how accurate that statement is regarding everyone blaming the equipment.
This was my most recent qualification with a stock Glock 19. Not counting the 6 shots from the hip, the rest of the group measures 2 3/4" with 12 or 18 shots fired from the 15 yd. line & 18 shots fired from the 25.
The Glock triggers are fine if your fundamentals are sound.
In my opinion, the newer 4th gen do seem to be crisper with less overtravel.

I saw you post that the other day, nice shooting!

Ah yes, the old "it's the shooter's fundamentals" bit. Funny how those fundamentals seem to be okay with every other stock trigger but a Glock. Maybe I need to sip a little more Kool Aid? :confused:

Some people just aren't compatible with the platform.... other times they come back to it & dedicate themselves to mastering it due to the advantages it has over other pistols. The shooters that seem to struggle the most in my classes are the ones who bounce back & forth between different platforms.
You may be different but most of the people I've known who were casual shooters don't train enough with any particular gun well enough to master it.
Or if you are a more serious shooter & you've put 500-1000 rds. through a Glock, or your S&W, or whatever at one time, then you probably have a very accurate opinion on what works for you... and that's all that matters.
I say it over & over.... everyone put's too much emphasis on the tool & not enough on the job.
I wish we had more spirited debates on tactics, sort of like the one that RamRoddoc started.... that was awesome because it made people think about what TACTICS they would use.
I've been saying in my classes for a few years now guns are like shoes, no one can tell you what fits you best other than you.

Last edited:
Ummm...is it wierd that I actually LIKE that look? I wonder if Atlanta Hydroimaging has a "Lost in the mud during a flood" finish I can get on my G23...

www.fototime.com_640193DB59C65F7_standard.jpg

Set the images to public. Don't know what the problem is. The other images are on the same server.

I use to hate the glock trigger but I found that I shoot it the best. I actually like to let it stack then break the trigger like a SA, ride the trigger back to the reset, then break again like a SA. Works great!

I was exactly the same way. I tried Glock 3 different times before it actually stuck. I got a G19 and traded it off. Then I got a G29 and sold it. Finally I got a G27 and determined to make the switch. Now I love it.

Some people just aren't compatible with the platform.... other times they come back to it & dedicate themselves to mastering it due to the advantages it has over other pistols. The shooters that seem to struggle the most in my classes are the ones who bounce back & forth between different platforms.
You may be different but most of the people I've known who were casual shooters don't train enough with any particular gun well enough to master it.
Or if you are a more serious shooter & you've put 500-1000 rds. through a Glock, or your S&W, or whatever at one time, then you probably have a very accurate opinion on what works for you... and that's all that matters.
I say it over & over.... everyone put's too much emphasis on the tool & not enough on the job.
I wish we had more spirited debates on tactics, sort of like the one that RamRoddoc started.... that was awesome because it made people think about what TACTICS they would use.
I've been saying in my classes for a few years now guns are like shoes, no one can tell you what fits you best other than you.

Y'all have to forgive my

The most I've ever put through any of my Glocks at one range session was 200 rds. I don't know what it is, but with the stock trigger, I just don't seem to be as accurate. Between my 4 Glocks (27, 36, 30 and 19), I've put probably 10k rounds through them. Once I get the springs and connectors replaced, they work fine.

My M&P is new and I've only got 250 rds through it, but the trigger out of the box just seemed to work better for me.

Maybe it's a mental thing with the Glocks? Like I know I've had trouble in the past so now I just expect it? I do agree that going between platforms isn't probably the best idea, but no matter what, I can't get rid of my Glocks because I like them. I bought the M&P just to try something new and really have enjoyed it so far.

50 rounds at 7 yards with my new G23.
i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_IMAG0085.jpg

Good shooting.... (if you crop the pic. it a little you could trim that little anticipation flyer right out.)
Just messing with you. That was a good solid group.

Back
Top Bottom