-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

AC-130 Above

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
152   0
Reaction score
I got a 21 over in a 65mph zone today, and received a Super Speeder citation from College Park Police. They got me on 85N close to the airport. I know I should have been paying attention to my speed around there....

Anyway I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 10 years when I was a youth. I have no record. I've heard I can go to court and plea No Lo or No Contest.. and they may reduce it? Someone I know said they got theirs thrown out which I thought was interesting. Wondering what y'all think I should do.

EDIT: I should also add, this was in a company vehicle

I don't know the cost of the ticket but I'm guessing around 400 bucks. I'd argue that money would be better spent on ammo ha!

About 15 years ago I got a ticket on 285 in Doraville. It was for 86 in a 55. Somehow it wasn’t a super speeder. Not really sure how it wasn’t. Anyways, I went in and plead no-lo and asked the judge if he could reduce the fine. He dropped it down $30 to $331 and lectured the **** out of me. Haven’t had a speeding ticket since.

You're gonna pay TWO tickets: One for the County or City, which will be in the range from $400 - $700 bucks; and then the DMV will send you another one of about $200 bucks! -- Also, you will get 3 points into your DL record!

I am saying by experience, I got one in 2019, and I was 17 above the speed limit... It does sucks!!!

Go to court. The officer might not show, and the ticket gets tossed. If he does show, ask to speak to the solicitor. They may work out a deal. And yes, you can plead nolo. Keeps the points off your license.
I went to court. The Officer never showed up. Court clerk and all those suckers don't give a damn, they want their money. But I was able to talk the DA into a deal, and I paid $350.00 (They wanted $750) and DMV sent me another one of $200...

Back
Top Bottom