• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a sub $200 mattress actually be good? lets find out!

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
164   0
Reaction score
so been kicking around the idea of getting a new mattress for awhile but have been in no real rush. Started doing my research and kept seeing all these bed in a box companies seem to be taking over and getting good review so figured i'd start looking at those. Looked at casper, purple, leesa, and several others, then stumbled upon these on

amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7EPSHI/ref=twister_B07792YVXM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

looked around at them and they seemed to be extremely well reviewed and well liked by most folks which blew my mind when looking at the price, even foudn them on several of those "best mattresses under xxx" surveys. Well amazon put them on sale for the holidays so i figured "**** it, i'll take a gamble, hell i got 100 days if i dont end up liking it"

Well it arrived monday and neat and nicely boxed up. unboxed it that night to let it air out and was happy to find it had none of the odor's you normally hear about with these bed in a box companies, +1 already!!! well laid it out for two days and it did indeed expand to the full 12 inches and then threw it on the box spring last night. So far i love it! very comfortable and plenty of support. I normally prefer a firmer mattress so was a little worried about how the foam would feel but many reviews list this as one of the more "firm" foam mattress and i'd have to say i'd agree as it doesn't feel much softer than the spring mattress it replaced. Slept great, and had less morning stiffness in my back than usual so all in all appears to good to go so far!!! will try and update in a couple months to see how its holding up, but for less than 200 bucks for a queen i dont think these can be beat right now.

CBH13 CBH13 how is the heat retention on this one? I have heard that the Foam Mattresses retain a lot of body heat and can cause you to sweat.

that was another concern i had when i first started looking at them. this one hasnt been bad at all to me, hasnt felt any warmer than the spring mattress i replaced.

Nice review - keep us posted over time to see how it holds up.

Mattresses are dang expensive (generally speaking) but the markup must be huge. Seems like a mattress store on every corner.

so been kicking around the idea of getting a new mattress for awhile but have been in no real rush. Started doing my research and kept seeing all these bed in a box companies seem to be taking over and getting good review so figured i'd start looking at those. Looked at casper, purple, leesa, and several others, then stumbled upon these on

amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7EPSHI/ref=twister_B07792YVXM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

looked around at them and they seemed to be extremely well reviewed and well liked by most folks which blew my mind when looking at the price, even foudn them on several of those "best mattresses under xxx" surveys. Well amazon put them on sale for the holidays so i figured "**** it, i'll take a gamble, hell i got 100 days if i dont end up liking it"

Well it arrived monday and neat and nicely boxed up. unboxed it that night to let it air out and was happy to find it had none of the odor's you normally hear about with these bed in a box companies, +1 already!!! well laid it out for two days and it did indeed expand to the full 12 inches and then threw it on the box spring last night. So far i love it! very comfortable and plenty of support. I normally prefer a firmer mattress so was a little worried about how the foam would feel but many reviews list this as one of the more "firm" foam mattress and i'd have to say i'd agree as it doesn't feel much softer than the spring mattress it replaced. Slept great, and had less morning stiffness in my back than usual so all in all appears to good to go so far!!! will try and update in a couple months to see how its holding up, but for less than 200 bucks for a queen i dont think these can be beat right now.
We have the exact same one in a King size since July and it's almost as comfortable as our $3500 Tempur-Pedic. We have no problems with either as far as the body heat retention I hear people talking about.
We purchased another a couple of months ago for our youngest son in college and he loves his. Hope this helps!

We have the exact same one in a King size since July and it's almost as comfortable as our $3500 Tempur-Pedic. We have no problems with either as far as the body heat retention I hear people talking about.
We purchased another a couple of months ago for our youngest son in college and he loves his. Hope this helps!

glad to hear someone else is having a good experience with these, good to hear its holding up well too.

I almost forgot that when we ordered his our particular model was no longer available so we had to step up a couple of grades for his but it was still less than $300 for his.

Nice review - keep us posted over time to see how it holds up.

Mattresses are dang expensive (generally speaking) but the markup must be huge. Seems like a mattress store on every corner.

that they are which is why i wanted to look at these cheaper options. From what i hear the bed in the boxes are slowly taking over and making it harder and harder on mattress stores and their insane mark up. Like everything else i understand one reason these are cheaper is the fact they are indeed Chinese made but i look at it how vortex is also Chinese made, just made with good QA. These are certified under all of the same ones US made mattress get so you at least can still know what your getting which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom