• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can anyone ID or provide any information about this gun I acquired through an inheritance? Thank you.

CF223DEB-659A-444A-8618-60DE6DD71EB6.jpeg
4CBA772A-51FC-4355-B306-B6830D47FAE3.jpeg
BDE9029C-C788-4E53-AEF3-A5B287256463.jpeg

I have had a sporterized Mil-surp for several years now. I found it with a bobbed barrel, no front sight. Nor had any prior owner drilled and tapped the barrel receiver for a scope base.
The stock cut had been cut down.

So I bought and welded-on a new and better front sight for target shooting.
Now I really like this rifle.

I love the old sporters. It was all Enfields where I grew up until the mid to late 80's. That and Phillipine made 22's.
The pro shooters had Sako's or Tikkas in 222 remington, and there was the very occasional person with money who had a Winchester lever or Model 70 and maybe a BRNO Model 2.
Lots of the cut down Enfields were rebarrelled as 303/25.
Dad would pull into a country pub on the way to the property to hunt, we'd have a feed, he'd ask around and find someone selling reloads for the 303/25. I laugh now when I think how "long" the best shots we took were. Not far at all really.
Got a beautiful Enfield off here awhile ago, really nice aftermarket wood stock and 5 round magazine conversion.

On the ammo front, yeah, good hunting ammo in .303 is getting expensive, and reasonable milsurp ammo is getting harder to find.

As always, ammoseek.com can be your friend here, but as you'll see, not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom