• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can anyone tell me if this is a Mauser action ?

Set triggers are/were pretty common on commercial Mauser actions. Especially those built in Europe. I picked up a Zastava M70 Standard commercial Mauser just a few years ago that had double set triggers.
The most common reason for setting back the barrel is head space issues. 22-250 is known to be a barrel burner so quite possibly the chamber was shot out and then set back.

I’ve owned several commercial Mauser with set triggers over the years.

A military action will have this cutout for your thumb when loading with stripper clips. Most commercial actions do not.

View attachment 6633343
20231221_172206.jpg

Yep it has one. Thanks to all for the help on this. If I were planning on selling would you pull off scope to check or leave it to keep scope zeroed for purchaser to test fire for accuracy?

Yep it has one. Thanks to all for the help on this. If I were planning on selling would you pull off scope to check or leave it to keep scope zeroed for purchaser to test fire for accuracy?
Leave it. There are only a few Mauser actions I'd consider undesirable and if it's from the 70's they were way to plentiful back then for a gunsmith to use one. Pulling it off may not reveal much anyway. I have one built on a Heym 98 Mauser action. Can't find anything relevant on it.

Back
Top Bottom