• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I carry while I take my kids to the public playground?

Hooker

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I live in Calhoun, ga and am taking my kids to a play ground owned by Calhoun parks and recreation. They do not have any signs posted as a gun free zone and I have tried to look up the laws on this. Can I carry there? I have a GWL.

Good deal. Thanks. I just didn't want to break any laws and with all the stink going on I didn't want to be the guy on the news everyone was using to say guns are bad lol

Hooker the city has an ordinance on the books against carry there. That ordinance is against the State Pre-emption of firearms, i.e. only the state can regulate the carry of firearms. Here is the unlawful Calhoun Ordinance:

Sec. 66-97. - Firearms, weapons, tools.

It shall be unlawful for any person to bring in to or have in his possession in any park or recreation area:

(1)
Any pistol or revolver or objects upon which loaded or blank cartridges may be used. Official starters at authorized track and field events are excepted from this restriction.

(2)
Any burglar tools.

(3)
Any rifle, shotgun, BB gun, air gun, spring gun, slingshot, bow, or other weapon in which the propelling force is gunpowder, a spring or air.

(Ord. No. 764, § 7, 10-27-2003)

Please write the mayor and ask him to remove the unlawful ordinance(post his response here). For more information visit http://www.georgiacarry.org/ and look at the cases on the right side. GCO has won every case involving the pre-emption law.

And I really LOVE the way they worded this:

Q: What about “high capacity” magazines?
A: Do you mean normal capacity magazines? Georgia has no law reducing the capacity of magazines for firearms.

LOL! Ya gotta love Gorgia Carry!

Back
Top Bottom