• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I carry while I take my kids to the public playground?

Hooker in your letter to the mayor, might want to point out this unlawful ordinance also:

Sec. 26-36. - Firearms.

No firearms shall be permitted within any city cemetery except with special permit from the city or other duly constituted authorities.

(Ord. No. 607A, § 1(6-53), 3-10-1997)

Thanks guys. I've looked on Georgia carry and seen what mountain pass was talking about. I will write and le you guys know. I seen in Calhoun times they passed it in October 2012 to carry at parks though.

Also why you are at it have him add: "The provisions of this section shall not apply to: Persons who shall fire, shoot off or discharge a firearm in defense of person or property" to the ordinance below.

Sec. 62-9. - Discharge of firearms or airguns.

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge or shoot any firearm or airgun within the city.

(Code 1988, § 13-12)

It's all in how something reads:

•Mrs. White: We had had a very humiliating public confrontation, he was deranged, lunatic. He didn't actually seem to like me very much... he had threatened to kill me in public.
Miss Scarlet: Why would he want to kill you in public?
Wadsworth: I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her.

http://quotations.about.com/cs/moviequotes/a/bl_famous_movie.htm

Thanks guys. I've looked on Georgia carry and seen what mountain pass was talking about. I will write and le you guys know. I seen in Calhoun times they passed it in October 2012 to carry at parks though.

Ahhh good then Municode hasn't been updated. Might want to send him an email about the other issues and just make sure the park issue was fixed.

Carry On....

Back
Top Bottom