• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can i legally posess a handgun

Ramon

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
So im 20 years old and would like to buy a handgun could i have a family member buyand transfer the gun to me or how does that work. Also would be allowed to have the pistol in my car or on my person? also if yal have any suggestions on a first handgun would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you may possession it, you can buy from private party, and yes you may have it in your vehicle. Have to be up early but someone will be along that will give exact code references.

Yes you may possession it, you can buy from private party, and yes you may have it in your vehicle. Have to be up early but someone will be along that will give exact code references.

That's my cue.

Possession: O.C.G.A. 16-11-126
Purchase: O.C.G.A. 16-11-101.1

Georgia code can be found here: http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/
or on georgiapacking.org

That's my cue.

Possession: O.C.G.A. 16-11-126
Purchase: O.C.G.A. 16-11-101.1

Georgia code can be found here: http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/
or on georgiapacking.org

i've been reading through that, where is the definition for "posses" or "possession"? It seems that they have left that out and i can't find it under any of the definitions.

Thanks!

So im 20 years old and would like to buy a handgun could i have a family member buyand transfer the gun to me or how does that work. Also would be allowed to have the pistol in my car or on my person? also if yal have any suggestions on a first handgun would be greatly appreciated.
you can buy a gun from someone through a private sale, but if a family member or friend of yours buys a hand gun from a ffl with the sole intention of selling it or giving it to you, I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

you can buy a gun from someone through a private sale, but if a family member or friend of yours buys a hand gun from a ffl with the sole intention of selling it or giving it to you, I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

No it aint. You can buy a gun for anybody as long as they are of age and not a felon.

Back
Top Bottom