• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you eat meat of animals you’re allergic to?

remember growing up? never heard of peanut allergies,now common as hell. People got puny

Everyone I knew from elementary to HS would our a bag of lance peanuts in a bottle of coke during our break at school. Ain't nobody died from that or drinking "lactose" or them evil glutens.

Title says it. An example: I see a lot of people raising rabbits for a protein source. I’m deathly allergic to rabbits, but far as I know it’s a dander issue. But the question remains, if there’s a certain animal you’re allergic to, is that meat safe for you to eat? I tried to research this but couldn’t find a whole lot of info that wasn’t tick related.

You are the first person I've heard be allergic to rabbits aside from my wife. I hope you can eat them. I for one find them to be delicious. Wife won't eat them. Not because allergic but because they are cute and cuddly.

Cast iron pan. Render some chicken, duck, goose or bacon (if you don't have the others) fat. Season rabbit with salt and pepper or however you like then sear rabbit both sides. I prefer to do whole cut down sternum and splayed out flat. Remove rabbit let rest add onion to pot and caramelize then add carrot and celery plus desired spices and salt. Lay rabbit on top add chicken stock to just cover rabbit. Put on lid and throw in preheated oven at 325 until fork tender. Serve with rice. It is good. This is the way.

You are the first person I've heard be allergic to rabbits aside from my wife. I hope you can eat them. I for one find them to be delicious. Wife won't eat them. Not because allergic but because they are cute and cuddly.

Cast iron pan. Render some chicken, duck, goose or bacon (if you don't have the others) fat. Season rabbit with salt and pepper or however you like then sear rabbit both sides. I prefer to do whole cut down sternum and splayed out flat. Remove rabbit let rest add onion to pot and caramelize then add carrot and celery plus desired spices and salt. Lay rabbit on top add chicken stock to just cover rabbit. Put on lid and throw in preheated oven at 325 until fork tender. Serve with rice. It is good. This is the way.
Yeah it’s pretty bad. Went into a pet store one time that had an open pen right as you walk in with a handful of wabbits in it. Walked past them, a couple minutes later I had to leave the store for my inhaler and some Benadryl it was terrible. Eyes swelled up, chest and throat got tight, couldn’t breathe. It sucked lol I thought I’d be okay as long as I didn’t get near them but I guess enough of their funk was floating around the store

I have a freaking fish allergy .
It used to be just tuna fish when I was a kid but in my early 20’s I had a fish sandwich and it felt like someone was tightening a ratchet strap across my chest and felt like my gums were swelling up and trying to push my teeth out of my head.
I’ve since dabbled with fish portions here and there and sometimes my reactions are mild, sometimes worse.
Benadryl takes the edge off but not greatly.
I’ve pretty much reigned to the fact that I better avoid it altogether but I really love fish so much I could eat it daily.
I even quit fishing because of it and I used to fish religiously.

remember growing up? never heard of peanut allergies,now common as hell. People got puny
Seriously, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with soup was the best thing they ever had in the school cafeteria. I don't ever remember one kid falling out and turning purple.
I know some schools don't even allow peanut butter on campus any longer.
We've developed a whole race with a weakened immune system.
Tell your kids to go outside and play...eat some dirt and drink out of a water hose it will do wonders.

Back
Top Bottom