• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you eat meat of animals you’re allergic to?

Title says it. An example: I see a lot of people raising rabbits for a protein source. I’m deathly allergic to rabbits, but far as I know it’s a dander issue. But the question remains, if there’s a certain animal you’re allergic to, is that meat safe for you to eat? I tried to research this but couldn’t find a whole lot of info that wasn’t tick related.

In short, yes. You can. When you cook the meat, you are using temperatures high enough to denature (melt) the proteins that cause your allergies. Further, these allergies are found in the skin rather than the meat itself.

A temperature of about 100F will do to denature any protein that causes sinus allergies. I learned this with fruits that cause me allergies. I have trouble eating a fresh apple, but if I heat it up just a little bit, no trouble at all.

You wana eat bobcat don't you?
Cougars
AC56C4B0-2D9F-4945-A0A8-866225897AF9.gif

Everyone I knew from elementary to HS would our a bag of lance peanuts in a bottle of coke during our break at school. Ain't nobody died from that or drinking "lactose" or them evil glutens.
Man you talking about being transported back in time. Grab a glass bottle of ice cold coke and pour them peanuts in....Pure Heaven!!

Back
Top Bottom