• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you recommend a hammock?

I'm more the casual use guy one or two days per year. I'm more interested in the float down the river and just need a place to sleep at night. I'll only be using it during the summer.

I have a single and a double "GOLDEN EAGLE" from Amazon that would work for that type of use. They've held up with fairly regular use and seem to be on par with Eno on the build quality. You have to order the hammock, and rain fly separately, but all in they're about the same price as just the Eno hammock.

I haven't had a problem with cheaper hammocks either. Keep one in my jeep bag and its held up well as my eno. It's just parachute material with a carabiner at each end. Doesnt require a high level of engineering. I started using a hammock for camping over 20 years ago with one of those hippy net hammocks I got from a chick I was dating. No carabiners and it soaked up water like a sponge. When eno came out I smacked my forehead for not thinking of it myself :). I have a friend that is an ex wrestler, weighs 340 lbs and is 6'5". He uses a cheap hammock from walmart with zero issues. He used it on a cross country motorcycle trip that took months and used it every night. A lot of the more expensive hammocks rely heavily on marketing to convince you there is a big difference. I've used the same eno I bought when they first came out since I got it. If buying now I'd probably just get a cheaper one and call it a day. The stuff that goes with it I linked in my earlier post is more important than spending a lot on the hammock itself.

ENOS doublenest. BEST rest in a hammock I EVER had!!
I am 6',185.
LOTSA room. diagonal or otherwise
A lot of GREAT info here.
Read all then make a decision.
Good luck & enjoy your trip!!!!

Back
Top Bottom