• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can't get the ******* trigger pin out of a Glock 43. Help? Tips?

Dogtown Darren

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
287   0
Reaction score
Attempting to install a Ghost Connector in a Glock 43, and I can't get the trigger pin out. I'd heard that they were difficult, but Mother of God, this thing won't budge!

Any help or tips? Blunt force trama?

Just...damn!

try pushing forward on the slide release (towards the muzzle of the gun) while applying pressure to the pin....slowly work the slide release back and up to see if the pin pops out. It's almost like there is a sweet spot in there for some reason.....if all else fails, beat the piss outta it with a punch! Good Luck and Happy Glocking! :thumb:

Believe it or not, I was able to swap the connector without removing the trigger pin. I removed the rear pin and popped the assembly out of the back, leaving the trigger bar attached at the trigger pin. After that, it was a matter of getting everything lined up and lovingly "encouraging" the rear assembly back into place.

Trigger feels great, much improved.

Having said that, I am going to try the trick to push down on the slide release, thus relieving pressure on the pin, the next time I clean the gun up. I kinda feel defeated, LOL, can't let the G43 get the best of me.

Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated.

Believe it or not, I was able to swap the connector without removing the trigger pin. I removed the rear pin and popped the assembly out of the back, leaving the trigger bar attached at the trigger pin. After that, it was a matter of getting everything lined up and lovingly "encouraging" the rear assembly back into place.

Trigger feels great, much improved..

This is how I've done it every time on my Glocks. :0)

The ghost connector is a good add... I wind up using a punch and tapping with a hammer handle on my 43 to remove the pin while moving the slide release... Definitely much tougher than a full size Glock pin!

I was using a Glock tool and a hammer, and I was hitting it with some pretty good force! Not full tilt wailing on it, but harder than I was comfortable with, and the sucker didn't budge.

I've fooled with G19's and 26's, no problems at all. The 43 is a whole other animal.

Back
Top Bottom