• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can't get the ******* trigger pin out of a Glock 43. Help? Tips?

I was using a Glock tool and a hammer, and I was hitting it with some pretty good force! Not full tilt wailing on it, but harder than I was comfortable with, and the sucker didn't budge.

I've fooled with G19's and 26's, no problems at all. The 43 is a whole other animal.
Yep... I love mine but full disassembly is a pain that would benefit from a third hand!

Its as if the takedown pin is scored too deep & gets stuck.

I've detail stripped hundreds of Glocks over the years & can usually do it about as as quick as a farmer shucking an ear of corn but that 43 had me creating new swear word combinations to get broken down.

Sometime a new gun is a bit stubborn to get the pins out of but the 43 is at a whole 'nother level

Believe it or not, I was able to swap the connector without removing the trigger pin. I removed the rear pin and popped the assembly out of the back, leaving the trigger bar attached at the trigger pin. After that, it was a matter of getting everything lined up and lovingly "encouraging" the rear assembly back into place.

Trigger feels great, much improved.

Having said that, I am going to try the trick to push down on the slide release, thus relieving pressure on the pin, the next time I clean the gun up. I kinda feel defeated, LOL, can't let the G43 get the best of me.

Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated.

Tried pushing down on the slide release and it definately works, there is a sweet spot, as you push down the slide release with pressure on the pin it will slip right out.

Tried pushing down on the slide release and it definately works, there is a sweet spot, as you push down the slide release with pressure on the pin it will slip right out.

That almost always works on the other models but not on the 43 until after several minutes of one person holding the gun & pushing on both sides of the pin while another person wiggled the slidelock back & forth looking for the sweetspot till it finally popped out.

The 2nd time taking it apart was a little better but still tougher than other models.

Back
Top Bottom