• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Car audio hobby : Projekt Get Loud! build log

georgiabow

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
figured i would venture into the hobby section of this website, and share my hobby, including my current project.

history:
i got into car audio competitions back in 2004. i have competed at 81 shows and won 1st place at 75 of them. i have been sponsored by KICKER and MAXXSONICS in the past. I built the 2005 NOPI national champion in db drag ss1-2, and won 2006 NOPI national champion in 139.9 bass race class with my pt cruiser. A month later i competed in louisville KY in the db drag / bass race world finals and won 4th in the world in my class. i have been pictured in 3 magazines and my automotive acoustical work is known around the world.

so, this will be a frequently updated thread with pics of my progress. i made it home tonight with 4 sheets of mdf, which will get me started in this build.

in the mean time, here are a few pics of some of my work.

this box has an electrically motorized amplifier rack that comes out of the enclosure
[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Nice builds. I used to install back in the late 80s and early 90s. Back when big bass was just getting popular.

Now I have 40% hearing loss and constant tinitus (ringing in the ears). I have a Rockford 150 and one Kicker 8" now. Mids and tweets are powered from my head unit. Just enough for a nice rounded sound.

man i miss my days doing sound offs. back in the early 2k's i was lucky enough to have buddies who enjoyed doing that stuff with me. we had pioneer, audiobahn (before 2005 when they went ****ty), and hifonics as our sponsors. monkey video even jumped on board. then they kinda flunked cuz of terrible customer service. i remember doing just super mod classes. nothing stock or even super stock. after i got out of it, i kept a bunch of my stuff and made myself a sound wall in my living room. of course after a few loud parties, the neighbors called the police and i couldn't play loud anymore. then i got married and things went to ****. the wife pretty much made me get rid of all my stuff.

i think the thing i miss the most is fiberglass work. loved working w/that stuff. oh that and the free stuff the sponsors gave me. ahahahahaha

so just to update, im forgot all about this thread as i was working on the project. i have some media online now, so i will update with that.

ill start with a video someone made at a local pawn shop / audio shop. (please forgive the horrible program material, the kid had it on his ipod and wanted to hear it in the car)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4094466157415

I know you guys have a lot of time and effort in these systems and I'm sure you're not the kind who drive through neighborhoods and thump the hell out of it, but if anyone could turn their tech skills toward making a device that would allow me to disable/ destroy subs & amps as they pass my yard I think you would all be billionaires.

I know you guys have a lot of time and effort in these systems and I'm sure you're not the kind who drive through neighborhoods and thump the hell out of it, but if anyone could turn their tech skills toward making a device that would allow me to disable/ destroy subs & amps as they pass my yard I think you would all be billionaires.

all the stuff i build is for shows and shop demos. i do audio work for people, and my car is a demo / show vehicle.

like you, i cant stand people who ride around annoying everyone else with it.

Back
Top Bottom