• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Resurrecting an old hobby (fedex hate thread)

This is gonna turn into a fedex hate thread. Everything I ordered is coming by fedex and they're already pissing me off. I'm having everything delivered to my works address since I won't be home to sign for it. The $800 amp was suppose to come yesterday by 2pm. Never showed up by the time everyone left at 5. No biggie, they'll just bring it by the next day. Surprise, it's sitting by the front door this morning. No notification it was delivered and no one signed for it. So it sat there all night. Luckily we're off the beaten path so it's unlikely it would have gotten stolen, but still. Fedex are some real bastards. Like first on my purge list bastards. Every fedex truck I see is getting a middle finger from now on. You have one job, deliver stuff, and you half of a half ass it. If you work for fedex, I hate you. Loath you. No questions asked.

This is gonna turn into a fedex hate thread. Everything I ordered is coming by fedex and they're already pissing me off. I'm having everything delivered to my works address since I won't be home to sign for it. The $800 amp was suppose to come yesterday by 2pm. Never showed up by the time everyone left at 5. No biggie, they'll just bring it by the next day. Surprise, it's sitting by the front door this morning. No notification it was delivered and no one signed for it. So it sat there all night. Luckily we're off the beaten path so it's unlikely it would have gotten stolen, but still. Fedex are some real bastards. Like first on my purge list bastards. Every fedex truck I see is getting a middle finger from now on. You have one job, deliver stuff, and you half of a half ass it. If you work for fedex, I hate you. Loath you. No questions asked.
Is your stuff coming out of Braselton?

Fortunately the rest of the items can be held at the Dollar General here so I switched them since delivering directly to me is such an inconvenience for them.

I had a package that the delivery date kept being moved. Tuesday it showed to be out for delivery between 6-8. We were eating dinner I mentioned I didnt know when I would get my package and about that time I see lights down the drive. I met the driver to activate the driveway motion lights and I confessed I didnt expect them to arrive that late. The lady was very nice and said it would be after 8:30 before she could make the drive home and it would be 10 or so before she left the facility. I offered her water and thanked her. As she turned to walk to her truck I would swear I caught a glimpse of the grip of a glock. I dont blame her at all if I was delivering package in the middle of hell and no where in the dark I would be open carrying as well.

I ordered a $600.00 Yamaha keyboard some years ago and it was shipped with just a label on the factory box (which had giant letters advertising "Yamaha Keyboard--steal me!"). Fedex was instructed to leave it flat on my raised porch, but instead left it leaning vertically against my garage door in full view of the subdivision teenagers and thieves. And this was a week before Christmas. Fedex driver was too lazy to walk up two short flights of steps. Fortunately, nobody stole it the 5 hours it was there before I got home. Usually, Fedex delivers my stuff to a house down the street, or the one on the corner because their drivers can't read. One mis-delivery time was a package from Pyramyd Air with two pellet pistols that looked real; the liberal lady down the street opened my box without looking at the label. She was good enough to bring it to my door and ring the bell, but I could tell she was having a leftie apoplectic aneurism over the contents she had seen, and probably...gasp...touched. She held out the box like it was a bag of cat poop. Good thing the adult novelties package didn't go to her house...😁

So they can't hardly handle delivering to hold at locations either. My pedal said on truck for delivery all day last Friday so I went to Dollar General after work and fortunately it was there. They just never updated the status. My amp, which was left out all night, still says out for delivery. Suppose to pick up my bass today hopefully. Maybe not all fedex locations suck because the one out of Athens does ok, but Braselton has a ton of bad reviews and it reflects. If my bass goes missing or is damaged I might just have to pay Braselton a visit.

Cool. My son just bought a bass recently, and an electric guitar. And now wants an acoustic bass and a 12 string. I've lost count of how many instruments are in the house now.
That amp go to 11?
Last daughter has two basses one Epiphone Les Paul lefty and amps for both. I take her to bass lessons at Music Masters in Warner Robins every Friday.
Not sure if she's actually learning to play or if it's more of a talking therapy session with the teacher/owner.
Anyway if you're local and need any.of that kinda stuff you can't beat Music Masters. Great family bidness.
And we printed their shirts...

Attachments

• 1701707070464679193597295267543.jpg
    1701707070464679193597295267543.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 9
Last daughter has two bases one Epiphone Les Paul lefty and amps for both. I take her to bass lessons at Music Masters in Warner Robins every Friday.
Not sure if she's actually learning to play or if it's more of a talking therapy session with the teacher/owner.
Anyway if you're local and need any.of that kinda stuff you can't beat Music Masters. Great family bidness.
And we printed their shirts...
Over 1,000 miles away.
Oh yeah, "basses". Bases are two different things. :tongue::fencing:

Back
Top Bottom